• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

10 Wins?

Will the Huskers win 10 games in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters
There are so many question marks and unproven things about this Huskers team.

1- Will Tanner Lee live up to the hype?
2- Who is our running back?
3- Who is our TE and will he be affective?
4- After Stanley Morgan who will step up at WR?
5- The offensive line is supposed to be better, but will it actually be better?
6- Punting?
7- Special Teams in general?
8- We know who our nose guards are, but will they be affective?
9- Who are are best pass rushers?
10- How long will it take the Blackshirt to adjust to the 3-4 defense as a whole?

Let's keep in mind those are all legitimate questions that we don't know the answer to right now. That doesn't necessarily mean they are actual weaknesses for the team though. We just don't know the definitive answers yet. The answer to most of them could very well be positive when we look back at the end of the year. 10 wins might be lofty, but less that 6 wins is a slap in the face. They're basically saying we're going to lose to every Power 5 team that even has a chance to realistically make a bowl game. Here is might best attempt to answer each question, at least in my own opinion what the answer will eventually be.

1- Yes. If not this year, then next year.
2- Tre Bryant or Mikale Wilbon. Either one will be good, they could also make a solid 1-2 punch. Inevitably Ozigbo will become our bruising short yardage back.
3- Tyler Hoppes (Good pass catcher, not sure about blocker).
4- DPE will have good year as the #2 guy, JD Spielman is a youngster who is being over looked. Also, another 1 of those young guys will step up. They'll probably have a few drops, but make up for it with some explosive plays.
5- Yes...I hope.
6- Lightbourn is another year experienced, he'll be somewhat erratic, but improved from last year. Also, still has a big leg.
7- They will be better because of an extra emphasis being placed on them. Also, Wyatt Mazour will be very affective in the return game.
8- Stoltenberg will be able to rotate with Khalil Davis and the two of them together will do a good job.
9- The one question I don't have a projected answer too. My single biggest concern for the defense right now.
10- They'll be improved from last year. But to be fully adjusted will probably take a season or two.
Adam, the last great Notre Dame team had Diaco as DC, Im betting he will work some magic in Lincoln too.

you seem to convince yourself of anything before the fact,GBR
Oh, I'm paying close attention. I'm very encouraged by recruiting and I'm excited by the changes on offense and defense. I'm also pragmatic enough not to load this team with great expectations when most of the talent is still quite young. There's a huge difference between a true freshman playing or a third year veteran, no matter how talented the freshman. Playing that one freshman is highly plausible, but playing one at every level on defense, or one at each skill position leaves you vulnerable.

I thought when Mike was hired that it would take him four years to win a championship. He's right on target.

This HUSKER team may very well surprise us all in 2017. The potential for a darn good season is there despite the tough schedule. Whether it turns out that way is still to be determined but there sure is a ton of things that we HUSKER fans can be excited about, no doubt about it. One fact I'm sure of, I will definitely take the over on the six wins that Las Vegas has put out. GO BIG RED,,,,,,,,,

Oh, I'm paying close attention. I'm very encouraged by recruiting and I'm excited by the changes on offense and defense. I'm also pragmatic enough not to load this team with great expectations when most of the talent is still quite young. There's a huge difference between a true freshman playing or a third year veteran, no matter how talented the freshman. Playing that one freshman is highly plausible, but playing one at every level on defense, or one at each skill position leaves you vulnerable.
Unlikely that any true Freshmen will be playing much on defense, unless Avery Roberts steps up his game. And, the only RS freshman that will be playing looks like he belongs. And, on offense there will only be a few WR's/TE's that see action. So you see, this team IS "highly plausible," to use your words. Just because we are young desn't mean we have a bunch of true freshmen, or even redshirt freshmen out there.

Last edited:
If I'm going through the schedule, I'd say 8 wins minimum for regular season.
Sure W-Arkansas State
50/50 W-Oregon
Sure W-N. Illinois
Sure W-Rutgers
Sure W-Illinois
50/50 W-Wisconsin
L-Ohio State Lincoln
Sure W-Purdue
75/25 W-Northwestern Lincoln / 75/25 W-Minnesota Minneapolis / L- Penn State State College
75/25 W-Iowa

GET TICKETS

Back