• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Scott Frost will become a legend”....Tom Lemming

Agree. I want SF to bring us to the next level ASAP. But, there are allot of people counting their chickens before the eggs hatch! We probably should lower our expectations, at least for the first year and wait to see what happens.
Pshhh! Where's the fun in that?

No - Year 1 in the B1G was more brutal.

Fresno St, Washington and Wyoming in non-conference

@UW, OSU, @Minn, MSU, NW, PSU, @Michigan, Iowa

Lost to UW, NW and Michigan
I will respectfully disagree. The 2018 schedule is unrivaled in difficulty...@Michigan, @Wisconsin, @Ohio State @Iowa @NW (they play us tough regardless of where we play them)

Last edited:
I believe Tom Lemming also said some very glowing comments about Bill Callahan when he was hired at Nebraska. Lets hope Tom Lemming is right...this time. :thumbsup:

tenor.gif

I remember those times as well, probably helped us have a "top 5" recruiting ranking in 2005 ;-) Everyone on here hopes he's right this time.

Hard to overestimate the effect of coaching in college football, isn't it? :Huskers:

When I came back from the UCF in August 2016 I tried to tell folks how good I thought SF was as a leader/HC. I was very impressed.

The response was, Meh....I was just a guy with a silly man crush.

Here we are, 1.5 years later and everybody who gives one has given SF their coach of the year honors...and now Lemming is claiming he could become legendary.

I was not being over zealous. I was just being honest...just telling it how I saw it.

Jack-Webb.jpg

Last edited:

Lemming and others need to slow their role. SF has yet to coach a game or even a practice for that matter.
C

If you haven't heard, SF is on a 13-game winning streak...and he just beat SEC power Auburn with his 2 and 3 star recruits.

No telling exactly what the future holds with SF as our HC. SF did have lots of exceptional players at UCF. Might be hard to duplicate the magical season he just had. But if he can do once, there is least a decent chance he can do it again.

He will need to acquire plenty of raw talent and develop some player leadership. But most agree he is about the best young coach in the business right now. I think he gives NU a very good chance to take it to the next level.

Last edited:
Agree. I want SF to bring us to the next level ASAP. But, there are allot of people counting their chickens before the eggs hatch! We probably should lower our expectations, at least for the first year and wait to see what happens.
Hell yes, the eggs are still in the nest.

If you haven't heard, SF is on a 13-game winning streak...and he just beat SEC power Auburn with his 2 and 3 star recruits.

No telling exactly what the future holds with SF as our HC. SF did have lots of exceptional players at UCF. Might be hard to duplicate the magical season he just had. But if he can do once, there is least a decent chance he can do it again.

He will need to acquire plenty of raw talent and develop some player leadership. But most agree he is about the best young coach in the business right now. I think he gives NU a very good chance to take it to the next level.

All irrelevant to "legend" talk which was what my post was about. If you haven't heard, I am not a 5 year old, don't talk to me like one.

C

When I came back from the UCF in August 2016 I tried to tell folks how good I thought SF was as a leader/HC. I was very impressed.

The response was, Meh....I was just a guy with a silly man crush.

Here we are, 1.5 years later and everybody who gives one has given SF their coach of the year honors...and now Lemming is claiming he could become legendary.

I was not being over zealous. I was just being honest...just telling it how I saw it.

Jack-Webb.jpg

I would say you still have the man crush. Show him your tapes

Here is my opinion.......and mine alone. I have a lot of confidence in Scott Frost. Easy for me to say as I was an outspoken critic of the last hire......not the guy......the hire. But while I believe he will do great things here he hasn't yet. I love talking about the things he has done and how well recruiting is going and how well we are doing. What I sometimes despise is the predictions of Champinships and future legands. The reason being is we aren't the only fans on these boards. The competition is on these boards and we have been a nothing for a long time. Those fans read these and shake their heads. Why can't we wait and see how he does before talking legendary. Yes I know some idiot brought it up in a national article but that doesn't mean he is a bible writer.

Here is my opinion.......and mine alone. I have a lot of confidence in Scott Frost. Easy for me to say as I was an outspoken critic of the last hire......not the guy......the hire. But while I believe he will do great things here he hasn't yet. I love talking about the things he has done and how well recruiting is going and how well we are doing. What I sometimes despise is the predictions of Champinships and future legands. The reason being is we aren't the only fans on these boards. The competition is on these boards and we have been a nothing for a long time. Those fans read these and shake their heads. Why can't we wait and see how he does before talking legendary. Yes I know some idiot brought it up in a national article but that doesn't mean he is a bible writer.
Put down the whiskey and drink some koolaid!

Valid points. I can easily get caught up in the Frost hysteria too. It's freaking intoxicating!!

I truly do believe we will get incrementally better each year, but I prefer to understate, not overstate the expectations for myself - not telling others how they should see it. It reminds me a little of the Tanner Lee phenomenon last year. We all read how he had all the tools, that he had D1 experience, that the pros were drooling over him, that finally the coaches had their guy that could run their offense, on and on. The expectations for Tanner were built so high, there was no way he would be able to meet them. Tanner himself had nothing to do with creating those, it was us.

Husker fans are so desperate for that winning atmosphere that we'll believe anything that looks to have even a remote chance of predicting it's arrival. In Tanner's case, it was not fair to him. He did not seek all of the hype. He really handled it all about as well as a young man could, but he was still set up for a big fall, and unfortunately his preparation (not his fault) didn't do him any favors either, and what we saw was a HUGE letdown. So yes, I see us piling all of our Husker dreams onto Frost and company's shoulders. Yes they make the big $$, yes they are grown men - they can take whatever happens - but I sort of have this "here we go again" feeling as the hype machine ramps up faster and faster. Sometimes I wonder if those guys look at each other and say "what the hell are we getting into here?" Just my opinion - and mine alone.

Last edited:
Valid points. I can easily get caught up in the Frost hysteria too. I truly do believe we will get incrementally better each year
Now hold on a minute. I might be drunk on the koolaid, but even I have my limits.

When we field the greatest team of all time in the next 3-4 years, you really think we'll keep getting even better than that EVERY FREAKING YEAR???

Now hold on a minute. I might be drunk on the koolaid, but even I have my limits.

When we field the greatest team of all time in the next 3-4 years, you really think we'll keep getting even better than that EVERY FREAKING YEAR???

:Lol: Yep. Heck, maybe Addidas will persuade Nebraska to jump onto the neon uniform and chrome helmet with invisible facemask train. But "greatest team of all time?" Your words, not mine. :Corn2:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back