• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“I hope the B1G has to adjust to us”

He did OK at Oregon with it.
so you think 2016 oregon and, to a lesser extent 2015, was a matter of pac 12 schools finally cracking the code huh? oooor...could it be that mark helfrich just wasnt up to the task of keeping oregon at the level kelly had them?

the pac 12 sure as hell never figured it out while kelly was there.

Last edited:
so you think 2016 oregon and, to a lesser extent 2015, was a matter of pac 12 schools finally cracking the code huh? oooor...could it be that mark helfrich just wasnt up to the task of keeping oregon at the level kelly had them?

the pac 12 sure as hell never figured it out while kelly was there.

And they have issues with Arizona when RichRod has the right QB

Too bad those coaches from Memphis didn't have access to all that film.

They didn't have nearly enough defensive talent to stop UCF's speed . They struggled to stop every decent offense they played. And that was just at the FBS second-tier level. Bad example to rest your case on.

They didn't have nearly enough defensive talent to stop UCF's speed . They struggled to stop every decent offense they played. And that was just at the FBS second-tier level. Bad example to rest your case on.
How about 12-0 is that a bad example?

It took a few years, but the Pac 10/12 conference caught up to Oregon's offense and Oregon fell back into mediocrity, despite tier 1 recruiting in Eugene every season.That defensive recipe is out there for all the Big Ten to employ. Throw in the weather and the quality of athletes in the Big Ten, especially in the line play, and I expect Frost to be running a very different offense from what he ran at UCF, at least if he wants a long tenure in Lincoln.
Exactly. What they do now on both sides of the ball will need to be adapted to the B1G style of play.

What happened was Kelly, and then Frost, left. The only Pac 12 team that consistently did a good job against Oregon was Stanford.
Stanford runs the ball to control the clock and keep it away from your high-powered offense. Frost's will be facing a whole conference of Stanfords in the B1G.

I think some people underestimate Frost’s offense. It has many elements to it that will be difficult to defend, no matter how good a defense is. But like any team, it will depend on the quality of the players too. That being said, I certainly believe that by having a mobile QB and a much more diverse running game with elements of option and zone read spread concepts by themselves will substantially improve our offense. When you get those things going and you have aQB capable of being a 60-65% passer, your offense will be tough to stop.

Last edited:
If Nebraska is going to do a lot of running using their QB best have more then 1 available. Ohio State has used good mobile QB's but had/has them stacked 3 deep. Won a NC with their 3rd string QB not to many years ago.

The BIG has a way of really beating up QB's that do a lot of running with the ball. We witnessed the beating TA took in the BIG and ultimately was knocked out literally and figuratively. I'm all in for a mobile QB just saying it's a very tough conference for a running QB to stay healthy.....

Stanford runs the ball to control the clock and keep it away from your high-powered offense. Frost's will be facing a whole conference of Stanfords in the B1G.

Well the last 2;times Frost faced Stanford, they won both games and scored 59 and 38 points.

Edit:. That should say 45 and 38 points.

Last edited:

First off, I love the confidence that Frost brings in and have no problem with the quote. It’s nearly identical to what BC said, as others have mentioned, which struck me right away. What strikes me is how BC was blasted for saying that but today it’s red meat to the fan base. I do think Frost will actually back it up though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back