• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Disappointed but Optimistic”

BleedinHuskerRed

Scout Team
10 Year Member
So writes Tad Stryker. Describes my feelings exactly. Lots of good things to take from this game, lots of things to work on.

The road to bowl eligibility just got quite a bit tougher; however, “this season will be defined by how it is finished, now how it begins.”

GBR!

https://www.huskermax.com/postgame-presser-2018-colorado-nebraska-football/

I just listened to Coach Frosts' post game interview. It was obvious he wasn't happy but I liked and am encouraged by what he said:

"I thought Adrian played a good game especially for his first game"
"If this team hadn't beat itself we would have won that game",
"I thought we won the battle up front on both sides of the ball",
"I was really pleased on how our kids responded [after 2 turnovers/scores] to that situation and didn't blink",
"We got to learn lessons and win games like that and beat ourselves",
"When you're trying to become a good team you don't try to loose games especially close ones you find ways to win them",
"we made some undisciplined plays and that's what an average teams do"

Luke Gifford's Quotes:

"He [Montez] was a good QB, we were really comin after him and he stood in there and made some really good throws"
"I think last year when we were done 14-0 we would end up doing what we did, we answered in a different way than we ever have and took the lead back"
"we had some big stops and I thought the overall pride level of what our defense had we felt like we were Blackshirts. We still have a way to go but we were playing like that and the mentality was there"
"this is no moral victory by any means. We expect to win every game and especially in our house. It is unacceptable, we cannot lose here"
"I felt like we were dominating and we were in allot of aspects but we didn't win. We didn't get the stops when we were supposed to and that's where as Blackshirts and the defense the change has to be made"

Foster quotes:

"we had a couple hiccups here and there but we showcased ourselves pretty well. I think we made it clear on what we need to work on this week. At the end of the day I felt good about our offense. We're good offense, good at running and throwing the ball. Our pace was well but we can do better"
" I hope you can see that we were playing good football and that we're going to go forward from here against Troy and we're going to do great things"
"For this to snowball you have to be a bad team with bad leadership and not believe n yourself. I believe that we all believe we are a good football team. ... You can look at the stats and see we are a good football team. We did have problems but that is something we can fix. It was on ourselves."
" When we fix these problems the scoreboard is going to be good on our favor",
On the fourth and One: "I'm frustrated, I hope you can tell. We do understand that the offensive line needs to be the ones that get that yard, and we will".

Tanner Farmer said the same thing on the fourth and one.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back