• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. CatfishHusker

College Football Risk

The Risk game is fun, and, like RedinIowa said, a pretty cool diversion during the long, dark offseason. (and a source of many, many hilarious memes, if you're into that type of thing) We currently have an alliance with most of the other Red teams, and are currently positioned well. (see...
  2. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked A special thread for the Skunkman

A belated Happy BDay to the Skunkman! One of the few HMax posters I've actually met in person (years ago, I doubt he remembers. :) ) Love your hat, man. GBR!
  3. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sig Line Images

The rule of thumb "back in the day" was that .sigs should be 4 lines of text or less. I'm not sure how that translates when using images, but it's probably safe to say that when a sig takes up more vertical space than most posts, it's too big. :)
  4. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I will miss ....

As soon as Riley was hired, about a bazillion versions of Faux Riley were created. All of them were... not great. Imagine the guy at the party who's trying waaaaay too hard to be funny and just makes you cringe instead. I imagine Faux Pelini will hang around & make tons of snarky comments...
  5. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Late Penn State coach Joe Paterno is getting his own beer

They could start a whole line. Turn A Blind IPA (awesome name, linuxhskr), Pedo Pilsner, Shower Stout, Bottoms Up Bitter, and Coverup Cream Ale.
  6. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The next few days & weeks are critical for Coach Riley

I'm just hoping his reputation as a good guy (to work for) plus Nebraska's resources and reputation as a blue-chip program means he can surround himself with some awesome assistants. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic!
  7. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Official Welcome Mike Riley Head Coach Thread

Welcome, Coach! Work hard, do well, and make the Huskers proud!
  8. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Whitaker torn ACL

That's what I've been told; I tore my ACL last year (man, that was a hardcore game of kickball ;) ) and had it replaced. The surgeon told me that the new one was probably stronger than my old one because it was thicker.
  9. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN Article on ACL Injuries

It hit the nail on the head when it mentioned that issues with recovery are at least partly mental. I tore mine in June, had surgery, and I'm still really gunshy about twisting or cutting. At least I'm a desk jockey and not a professional athlete, so it doesn't affect me much. Heh. Oddly, when...
  10. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Serious question for BOth sides…..How did you feel about Bo on Friday?

That's pretty much how I felt, also, with the addition that his embarrassing behavior on Friday pushed me a bit into the "He should go" camp. However, since he is going to be back next year, I'm hoping with all my heart that he achieves a remarkable transformation and surprises all of us next...
  11. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked MSU's fake field goal try

For those looking for the specific rule, see Rule 4-1-3b ; copy available at http://www.dfoa.com/attachments/article/69/2013-14_Football_Rule_Book.pdf Specifically: Ball Declared Dead b. When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot, touches the ground or when the...
  12. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TA: "I wasn't even aware it was fourth down."

I hope he was fibbing for the sake of a good quote. 4th down, with the game on the line, you can't step out of bounds or take a sack or throw the ball away like you could on any other down. If you're going to lose if you don't convert, you're allowed and expected to take some risks you normally...
  13. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread

The curse is over. Nebraska won while my wife was in the room. Huzzah!
  14. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Big Red Machine thread got me thinking!

I must confess: I don't really exist. My handle totally gives it away, though.
  15. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sunshine pumper/all positives thread.

Formo will be in a good mood, so maybe he'll buy us all a beer.
  16. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Pelini Conundrum: Why Bo Will Go.

If he does leave, I doubt he'll "rag on us". He'll probably use the usual coach-speak about "greater challenge" or "higher profile" or whatever. I really think he wants to love it here, but perhaps is overwhelmed by the fishbowl. Of course, things won't be any better if he goes to any other...
  17. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommie Frazier Tweeted The Following just a short while ago:

Oh, no, and that's a fair point. There can be a fuzzy line between making high-level general criticisms, and low-level specific criticisms, however. I think we're all football-savvy enough to recognize that the assistant coaches are supposed to get their specific guys ready to play. If we...
  18. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tommie Frazier Tweeted The Following just a short while ago:

I hate the "Oh, yeah, like you (or they) could do better" approach to arguments. You don't have to be a chef to know you're being served a turd sandwich.
  19. CatfishHusker

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked It's sad,.....

I'm rooting for A&M for the same reasons, and yes, it's sad. What's worse is that I'm bugged by the fact that getting blown out doesn't bug me as much as it should. Dang it. Ah, well. I'll be rooting for my Huskers all year and hoping for the best. GBR!

Back