• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. robroyred

Shopping the transfer portal

Just to throw a couple of receiver names out there due only to having some past connection to the program. Jeremiah Holloman - Former GA standout and 94 4star with two years eligibility. He transferred to FIU after being dismissed from the Bulldogs for a domestic violence issue, so that could...
  2. robroyred

How much to pay out frosts contract?

Agreed. Frost needs to make some major shakeups in the off season. It isnt about talent. We are a poorly coached football team. Verdasco is a total waste of resources. Lubick or Frost should take over QBs and a dedicated receivers coach should be brought it in. It's ridiculous that we...
  3. robroyred

Freshman receivers

This seems like a good place to bring up a concern that Ive had since last season. The question is, does having your receivers coach also be your OC affect development? We saw it last year with Walters, and, even tho its only one game, the trend showed up with Lubick so far this year. I dont...
  4. robroyred

4star LSU Nosetackle Siaki Ika in the transfer portal

Im pretty sure they run a 4-2-5, but I suppose that it's a moot point until we hear there may be some interest from Ika. I was just thinking, polynesian Dline coach, Noa Pola Gates and Ika both played for team Makua (?) in the 2019 polynesian bowl, and then the fact that he would be a perfect...
  5. robroyred

Probably right on going home to Utah, but he did say he wants to go where he fits best and location doesnt matter. The fact that neither Utah or BYU are currently running a 3-4 might give us a shot. At least a shot worth taking.
  6. robroyred

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-Football-Siaki-Ika-transfer-portal-defensive-tackle-153770828/ Polynesian from Utah. Prototypical Nose and was recruited to play in 3-4 and is no longer a fit for Pelini's 4-3. Was a composite 94.0 4 star for the 2019 class and I think has...
  7. robroyred

2020 O-line plan?

Before I answer the question, I'd like it understood that I see my "theory" as no more than speculative possibility, not the likely scenario. As to your question, yes, I agree that the ideal situation would be for him to redshirt, get in his four games, and try to be ready for 21 at tackle...
  8. robroyred

2020 O-line plan?

I agree that freshmen are rarely your best option at o-line, and that Corcoran is the heir apparent to the left tackle spot. But, I see Corcoran as a special talent that may be able to out-perform anyone we currently have at guard, and Frost has already shown that he'll start a freshman if he...
  9. robroyred

2020 O-line plan?

I'm a long-time member that rarely post, but watching Corcoran at guard in the All-American game got me thinking about a possibility that I don't recall seeing mentioned on the board as yet. I wanted to throw it out there to get some feedback on how out-there my thinking might be. Is it...
  10. robroyred

Nebraska vs Michigan (9/22/18)

Just announced on BTN that Martinez is starting today.
  11. robroyred

Tweets not loading

Thanks for replying.., but they're loading properly again. Fixed when I rebooted my laptop. After all these years it seems like I'd always think of rebooting first, but Im old and I forget important stuff sometimes.
  12. robroyred

Tweets not loading

My laptop wont load any twitter posts, and none of the above info is of any help. When I open any forum page that contains posts with embedded tweets, all I get is a quick flash of the twitter bird, followed by a quick flash of a frown face on a page, and then nothing. Any ideas, anyone?
  13. robroyred

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Crystal balls rolling in for 4 star Safety Cam Jones.

Steve WiltfongDirector of Recruiting | 247Sport Add Steve Wiltfong to the CB list.
  14. robroyred

New Member sign up special

The "renew" button finally appeared for me. payment taken care of... t
  15. robroyred

New Member sign up special

My account expired at 10:58 am today. I tried that link, but fail to see any option to renew anything.
  16. robroyred

*** quick thoughts

***, I agree that our oline play, and DLs play calling will be the biggest keys to having success in this game. They will have to bring their game up a big notch to have success. I want to add that, defensively, my biggest concern is the young corners and the way they've played. Whiskey is...
  17. robroyred

What's it going to take to beat Wisconsin

Northwestern managed a total of 25 yards rushing against Wisconsin. So all we need is eight times that to win???? I hope that happens, but hard to be optimistic on that one.
  18. robroyred

The little things

Great post, as usual ***. I always appreciate seeing your breakdowns on the details. When you mentioned getting in bad alignments, it reminded me of one play in particular that stuck out to me, and not understanding enough on the 3-4 to get it. This was the big play to Charles Nelson on a...
  19. robroyred

Chris Jones recovery time

Meniscus injuries can vary greatly. If it's just a small tear, they can usually snip off the tear, smooth the surface, and you can be back full go in a few weeks. For more significant tears, they actually stitch the torn piece back and wait for it to heal back together. Since tendons heal...
  20. robroyred

Chris Jones injury

Completely agree on that. If he doesnt feel 100%, he shouldnt try. And as huskerpt34 pointed out, some meniscus surgeries have a longer recovery period than others, and Jones very likely had the more extensive surgery that would probably put him out for the majority of the season. Im just...

Back