• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. C

Gearing Up, Getting Ready - 2020 Huskers

Finally...some baseball talk about something other than CF video cameras and garbage cans in the dugout. Looking forward to Husker baseball. The first 9 games are tough...on the road with 5 of the games against top 40 teams (Collegiate Baseball)..the pitching staff will have to compete and...
  2. C

Nebraska vs Maryland (11/23/19)

The bad red zone play calling is on Frost...the poor execution is on Martinez.....Frost needs to remember where he is coaching...this is not 8 man flag football
  3. C

Head Coaching Candidates

Steve Holm.....Illinois State.....coaching experience in Big Ten (assistant at Purdue) played at Oral Roberts
  4. C

Big Ten Baseball Tournament

Agree on the 9 pm.....any rain delays or extra innings and 9 will be long gone....anybody updates on Roskam health.....despite his subpar year we need his catching and left handed RBI potential
  5. C

Nebraska hosts Illinois - Haymarket Park - Friday - 4-26-19 - Game 1 of 3 - 7:32 p.m. (CT)

lets take a time out from the Husker offense to remind all of us how good matt Waldron has been......nationalily ranked in ERA, K to BB ratio, WHIP, and fewest BB per 9.....ok back to the offense, or lack thereof...how is the platooning working out tonight....not counting Schewellenbach and...
  6. C

State of the program

The frustration level comes from last years pitching disaster......when you get great starting pitching wasted by an inconsistent offense....yes slumps are part of game but still way to many strikeouts from players who are not home run hitters....Indiana was mentioned that they strikeout often...
  7. C

Purdue series preview

great points.....3 freshman combine for road shutout.....Roseberry comes off the pine to get first hit....Perry has a live arm and great future!....you hit the nail on the head with the strikeouts....I am old school coach and it is driving me crazy....2 strike approach is off somewhere.......way...
  8. C

NEB vs KST - April 2, at 6 pm (CT) Tointon Family Stadium - Manhattan, Ks

Gopher series........starting pitching was good enough for a SWEEP....but wasted! Husker hitters left 26 men on base with 41 strikeouts......almost all of men left on base were stranded with strikeout ending the inning! Ouch! MAKE CONTACT!......not a fan of bunting runners over with 2...
  9. C

Minnesota Preview

Good analysis.....Meyer is also one of their leading hitters as he is DH even when he is the starting pitcher.....Minnesota will start 3 righthanders this week. I would love to see Roskam break out...or at least "get right" like Altavilla just did...we need his bat. You correctly stated not to...
  10. C

Minnesota Preview

11. C

Good weekend, tough 4 games coming up

Altavilla and Roskam need to play....and produce.....we will need their bats......Perry needs to the innings.....all the canceled games have made it hard for pitchers to get innings...and be productive. New players, especially freshman, have proven they can produce.....as has...
  12. C

Connor Curry out for extended period

Agree......I will take gutsy win everyday!
  13. C

OK...I wil gladly take back ugly win comment...a win is a win...UGLY GAME yes....over 350 pitches...20 BB..5 hit batsman Schwellenbach hurt...Leunsmann can't go 2-0 in conference.....Waldron and Fisher 16.1 innings zero walks..defense playing well...no Schwellenbach or Luensmann.......no help...
  14. C

Late reply.......yes....not good for pitching depth.......todays Air Force game......did the announcers say anything about Luensmann injury....or did they keep talking about "80's and 90's tv shows.....ugly win but winning streak before league starts.......any updates on Schwellenbach ankle?
  15. C

First two weekend takeaways

Good analysis......Schwellenbach opens season with 7 game hitting streak.....offense needs those top 6 or 7 to have "career years" to carry the load........power will hopefully emerge.....Roskam and Palensky key to that..............Despite OSU sweep, Pitching in much better shape for...
  16. C

First two weekend takeaways

17. C

Game #4: NU v OSU 10:00am (ct)

to get minds off of the scoreboard for awhile......OSU starter in game #4 Grant Gambrell is from Clovis CA....best all around high school league in California....Same high league league as Adrian Martinez...Husker soccer player Adriana Maldonadoand softball player Anni Riley....the Clovis...
  18. C

Rotation vs Oregon State announced

I like it! Luensmann is building arm back and looked last weekend....as did Fisher and Gomes.....Perry came in a tough situation...was a little wild...but I loved his velocity and arm action.....Curry and Eddins will get plenty of chances as they build arms back up...Matt Waldron is always ready...

Back