• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. W

Come a Runnin' Boys

I think the original post highligthed something that was very true years ago. It was a great combination of a native son (TO) who worked with a lot of native sons (and coaches...and the right mix of out-staters) to achieve something great. Would we or could we or should we get back to that? I...
  2. W

Frank Solich Hall of Fame Vote ...should he?

I think that Frank was part of an outstanding coaching regime under TO...that he did a "very good job" as head coach and might have done greater had he been allowed to stay at NU...that he did an absolutely great job at Ohio...and that all of that does not add up to a HOF coach. There are many...
  3. W

Best singular memory of Nebraska football

On a personal level: new job in Nebraska; my two grade-school age sons and I visit the stadium in the summer of '83. Everything's open. We walk by the offices of the coaching staff. I held the door open for former coach Devaney. On the field there's Turner Gill throwing passes to Irving...
  4. W

You can pick one Husker….

Corey Schlesinger...because of how he played...because he was a quiet leader (it seems)...because he was from Nebraska...because he helped procure a major win in the program...because he benefited from an amazing o-line...because he epitomizes the work ethic the program needs right now...and I...
  5. W

Coach Solich to be honored at Spring Game

No matter what you think about his firing (and I am on the side of it shouldn't have been done), he coached freshman NU teams...he coached amazing running backs...he had a great record here...he played here...and he proved (again) his coaching abilities at Ohio......he deserves a warm welcome...
  6. W

25 years later, 1997 Tennessee, Michigan, and Nebraska….

Lived in Michigan at the time. They said that the coaches gave it to NU as a gift to a retiring TO. Said we were lucky to be in the position we were because of the Mizzou game (Wiggin's kick was illegal). Frost whined to get votes for TO. I said, politely, to my Michigan friends: There...
  7. W

Official Playoff Final Four Released Update: New Year Six Games Are Set

The long-time Husker in me says Michigan needs to lose.
  8. W

What surprised you most about the presser.

Matt Rhule Mark Ruffalo
  9. W

Just wait for the dumb T-shirts...

Nebrhaska Rhules
  10. W

Thinking of some names I haven’t heard of

While this may be entertaining...I really wish I knew what I did that caused this. And...is there someone that can bring it to a a halt? I'm getting tired of cancelling all my repeating replies.... (and I hope this one doesn't start repeating endlessly)
  11. W

Help. I hit a wrong button! My reply keeps repeating...
  12. W

Brian Hartline, OSU. Rated top recruiter in the nation for college coaches.
  13. W

14. W

15. W

16. W

17. W

18. W

19. W

20. W

Back