• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. showballcoach

Why is Nebraska So Good at Producing D1 Baseball/Softball Talent?

With former All American Jeff Leise being the head of the Nebraska Prospects, you’d think that Bolt and his staff of ex-Huskers would build some sort of relationship. Erstad killed off the fall tournament they used to host because he said it attracted too many Nebraska teams. I also don’t...
  2. showballcoach

Lost another Nebraska kid

A few will blast me again for posting this stuff and being negative. Fact is these parents are getting turned off by the staff and the staff is flat out getting spanked by other D1 coaches in recruiting.
  3. showballcoach

Followed the NE Prospects 2019 Scout team that traveled to St. Louis this weekend and went 6-0. 5 D1 commits and multiple IWCC and Hutch commits. No Huskers on the roster.
  4. showballcoach

Heading to Texas A&M after killing it at Hutch this year.
  5. showballcoach

2019 Recruiting Class

Quinn Mason from Gretna has missed a large part of the HS season with an arm injury. Struggled to get past 2-3 innings in each outing leading up to that.
  6. showballcoach

Summer high school club ball is here.

Due to playing fall baseball, last summer with the Sluggers and other things my son was talking to Ball State, Indiana State, Eastern Illinois for D1 and Emporia State and Northwest Missouri State at the D2 level. Turned down opportunities at all of them to attend a private school because 1)...
  7. showballcoach

Can’t call it self promotion when I don’t work or coach for them. Don’t even have a kid on one of the teams. The reason I’m promoting them is I believe in the cause. What makes me chuckle are grown men (I think you are) making fun of teenagers who sign at anything other than D1. Clubs like...
  8. showballcoach

IWCC coach now coaching for the Prospects summer program.
  9. showballcoach

2020 Commitment tracker

And as I have said before, these kids are playing fall ball (soon to be summer travel) and being promoted all over the country now. Multiple Nebraska teams competed in Florida, Atlanta, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. this year and did well. I spent most of my summer in Kansas and Oklahoma. They are...
  10. showballcoach

2020 Commitment tracker

The new K-State coach is being extremely active in this area. Something we’ve not seen before.
  11. showballcoach

2020 Commitment tracker

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/nebraska/commitments
  12. showballcoach

And a big complaint about Legion was 1/2 the team didn’t care and was more interested in jacking around with friends in the dugout. What it really comes down to is choice. Have both and let the players and families decide what direction they want to go. Free market. Locking them into a...
  13. showballcoach

My experience with this at the HS age has been we had 2 or 3 on the fall team that mom/dad were pushing. He rest it was the kids pushing and the parents and coaches trying to slow them down for fear of burnout. This summer with the Sluggers was just that. 20+ highly driven young men. All of...
  14. showballcoach

I also agree travel ball starts too early. I also agree baseball takes up too much of the year. Have good summer HS travel/showcase teams and then you have no need for fall travel ball. Fall ball is happening because summer Legion is inadequate. The kids have no choice. Until the central...
  15. showballcoach

You do realize that Nebraska is one of just a handfull of states that still has Legion ball as the primary summer HS age baseball right? I’d really like to hear experiences you have had in the last 2-3 years talking to college coaches. I’m serious, please share what coaches have told you...
  16. showballcoach

Having endured NE Legion baseball I hope this is the beginning of the end of Legion dominance in Nebraska. Legion should just be Rec ball
  17. showballcoach

It’s official that Nebraska now. The Prospects are running summer travel/showcase teams. No I don’t coach for them but I know these guys well. Very good coaching and excellent at getting the kids looks. Trouble for the Huskers is most of the guys end up someplace else. Huskers need to build...
  18. showballcoach

2019 In-State Recruits

Another NE Prospect player going to Hutch. Looks like the Juco coaches have built a strong relationship with that club.
  19. showballcoach

2019 In-State Recruits

Lot of activity lately. This kid is from Westside and played fall for the Nebraska Barnstormers. Great SS but really great utilitiy guy doing everything except pitch/catch.

Back