• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. PHXHusker

Funny Golf Analogy

So Mr.N goes to his prestigious golf club named Elitist. They tell him it's closed due to the pandemic. Mr.N says "Understood, I'll play a couple rounds down the street". Elitist responds "Umm ...let me think about this"...."no, you can't do that otherwise we'll revoke you membership". Mr.N...
  2. PHXHusker

Obviuosly NU is our favorite, but who is your #2??

Air Force Falcons ... many years ago I worked in the kitchen at the Officers club and went to a few of their games including an upset victory over Notre Dame. They always played hard and had a fun wishbone / flexbone system.
  3. PHXHusker

Michael Jacobson

15.4 ppg and 6.4 rpg
  4. PHXHusker

1997 Controversy article

Strength of schedule - Advantage Nebraska. That take was ranking when they played and most of the teams on Michagan's schedule tanked really bad. The Big Ten wasn't that good that year and were crushed in many of the bowls. Penn State lost to Florida, 21-6, in the 1998 Florida Citrus Bowl Ohio...
  5. PHXHusker

Score prediction contest. (Troy)

NU 45 Troy 10
  6. PHXHusker

Unnecessary roughness?

The DB (reed) call was ridiculous. A sailing ball and in slow motion you need to stop all momentum and not even hit the receiver in the shoulder pads??? especially with the game on the line???
  7. PHXHusker

Xfinity Drops BTN in Atlanta

I'll echo a vote for Youtube TV. The $40 price is reasonable and includes many sport stations including BTN. Give it a whirl....tv.youtube.com/YouTubeTV/FreeTrial
  8. PHXHusker

Tournament Opponents Still Alive

blinsker, I agree with most of what you said. The point about the Jays and Minny is that we played them when they were top strength and that could only be accounted for by human observation or advanced formula. Obviously the Jays still should've went and Minny was half the team they were and...
  9. PHXHusker

I believe the weight they put on the last 10 games or analyzing injuries (Gopher, Jays at full strength vs 2nd half of year) was more of a factor in the past. Yes, that part could be "humanly subjective" although a set formula is far from considering all factors. I believe some complained that...
  10. PHXHusker

After watching some of this 2018 tournament, I saw a lot of parity. That is one reason why a team with 13 wins in a power 5 conference team should be in without hesitation, especially with 22 overall wins. I still say this new formula is jacked and put all the emphasis on the beginning of the...
  11. PHXHusker

Last 17ish Out

There's a lot of parity out there and winning 13 games in a power 5 conference is impressive. Splitting with #7 Michigan and losing by 1 pt to #4 Kansas tells you a lot. The formula is flawed as it puts most of the emphasis on non-conference games at the beginning of the year and subsequently...
  12. PHXHusker

Peak early???

Winning at the beginning of the year is now more important than the end. Referencing the last 10 games in a major conference and how hot you are has vanished. I've seen so many teams tank this year and nothing could knock them down much in bracketology. Its almost like a cyclical producing...
  13. PHXHusker

Huskers vs. Cornhuskers?

I like Huskers better. It's short, simple, and more catchy which is the trend. I don't think "Corn" is a great selling point.
  14. PHXHusker

Miles' last stand

Great season! It's best to see coaches make subtle adjustments to get better. Coaching carousels are not the way to go unless you have a Scott Frost of BB lined up.
  15. PHXHusker

No respect from Orlando Sentinel

Next year we'll be in the top 3. This year the rating is about right as we have a new offense and QB.
  16. PHXHusker

Help with BTN

I'll echo Youtube TV as it has tons of Sports Content including BTN for about $35. They also have a trial period and they'll send out a Chromecast upon sign up. Streaming from you Laptop or Phone gives you a few options.

Back