• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. EngineeRED

Heady: Reflections of two years of Nebrasketball!

That was an excellent read. I did not realize Chris was moving to KC and will no longer be part of the OWH team.
  2. EngineeRED

External Review Finds Racial Bias, Bullying In Iowa Football Program

I've followed this fairly close. Seems like ESPN is out to get Iowa a little bit. They ran their article in early June and that resulted in Doyle being fired, very little came out since then but ESPN basically ran the exact same article on Monday, seeing if it would gain more traction. Now that...
  3. EngineeRED

For Sale: Iowa Champions Club pedestrian passes

What is a pedestrian pass?
  4. EngineeRED

4 Star JUCO RB Dedrick Mills is N; Update: Will Be On Campus Wednesday 22 May

He is in the UNL directory. Looks pretty official to me.
  5. EngineeRED

Hoiberg

The team has been in Lincoln less than 24 hours. Why so much vitriol about no announcement yet?
  6. EngineeRED

Hoiberg

Doesn't the position have to be officially posted for at least 1 week? I thought that was true for any state paid position.
  7. EngineeRED

Best way to stream game day audio?

I live in Wisconsin and would like to listen to the radio call of husker games. What is the best app for that? Are they paid subscription apps or are they free? I will be in Yellowstone next Saturday and would like to stream the audio, not sure if they have a Husker station out there or not...
  8. EngineeRED

3 game suspension for the Urb

Isn't this pretty clear? If he followed protocol he's safe and doesn't warrant punishment. If he didn't follow protocol he should be fired.
  9. EngineeRED

I Need A New Grill. Suggestions?

I got a kamado style grill /smoker https://www.chargriller.com/products/akorn-kamado-16820 It is basically a low cost version of a big green egg. I always use natural lump charcoal then throw a few hunks of applewood / mesquite, etc. and I always get rave reviews. To smoke, basically you get...
  10. EngineeRED

OL Matthew Anderson Will Announce His Decision Friday 22 June

I read a book several years ago now that Osborne wrote and he told a story of a recruit who was quite good but wasn't rated by the recruiting services. The recruits' dad had asked some scouts and the scouts said that the family hadn't subscribed to the recruiting service. Dad paid something like...
  11. EngineeRED

Building like Bill?

I feel like in some ways JUCOs are less risk than a HS prospect. So much of it is projecting how their bodies will fill out. With a JUCO, they are a couple years further along with their bodies developing; therefore less risk from a projection standpoint
  12. EngineeRED

The Wonderlic Test and the NFL Draft

It's not how fast you add well, it's how well you add fast ;)
  13. EngineeRED

The Wonderlic Test and the NFL Draft

I got 45
  14. EngineeRED

The Miles Enigma

I really like Tim Miles and am hopeful he can be very successful but so far it is a mixed bag (2 nice seasons, 4 not so great). So if we do decide to move on, who should we target? When we hired Tim Miles I foolishly thought we should go after Shaka Smart but it is pretty apparent he knew he...
  15. EngineeRED

Sporting New...setting Coach Frost up?

I'm expecting 6 to 7 wins this year. Seems like every coach who has been "legendary" in the last 20 years has made the big jump in year 2. Off the top of my head: - Bob Stoops - Won NC in year 2 at Oklahoma - Urban Meyer - 12-0 in year 2 at Utah - Urban Meyer - Won NC in year 2 at Florida -...
  16. EngineeRED

Dirty Money?

When I was going to school at UNL I routinely saw football players driving way nicer cars than was reasonable. I'm nearly certain this goes on at most P5 schools. If other schools are offering recruits some extra benefits, do we really think they are coming to DoNU for "free"
  17. EngineeRED

Todd McShay Puts Frost in "Elite Group" / Vikings GM Rick Spielman Frost "Great Hire"

3 years ago nobody was trying to hire Riley away from Oregon State. This year, pretty much every P5 school with a head coach opening pursued Frost.
  18. EngineeRED

Help with BTN

One of my friends has cable and I use his password for BTN2GO and watchESPN. I have to say that BTN2GO is always pretty glitchy. Seems like it makes me reboot the app every 2 hours. It also seems like it buffers quite a bit during the game which is annoying. watchESPN used to be pretty good but...
  19. EngineeRED

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Matthew Tago commits to Oregon State

I like Bo's solution from a few years ago. No signing day, the coach can offer and the recruit can sign on the spot. That will tell everyone all they need to know about who is serious and who isn't. I would say they should be able to sign anytime following their Junior year in high school.

Back