• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. R

Scott Frost wants to get back into coaching

Solid OC and tenure as a head coach at UCF. Shockingly horrible effort at Nebraska. I think to get hired again, he is going to have to clearly articulate what went wrong and how he will do things (whatever those are) differently to the folks that are considering him for his next job. Failure...
  2. R

HCMR — The Right Guy for the Job

We don't play a game for 5 months. So, you can repeat the talk is cheap mantra till then - but in reality, talk and work is all he can do between now and then. Reminds me of the guys that get on a board in February and type about knowing if something is good when you see it on the field. Well...
  3. R

Interesting…

I thought both of those guys actually earned a start.
  4. R

Who will start as qb this year?

DR with HH as the back up if DR gets injured or struggles. I think they will want to save Kaelin's redshirt this year. He can be a backup in '25 and have a path to starting in the future.
  5. R

Donovan Raiola 2024 #6 Recruiter In The Nation

It's becoming more and more apparent how wrong I was on this one.
  6. R

The first 7 games in 2024

Agreed. Also, I typically say that the OL can make the QB and RBs look good. This year, I think that potentially having a mid and longer range passing threat, should help make the OL look better. In 2023, the lack of a real passing attack made it much harder on the OL to create a consistent...
  7. R

Dana Holgorsen In Talks About A Possible Role On Huskers Staff

Agreed. That combined with injuries and it being year 1, I am not ready to make an absolute statement about what he's capable of.
  8. R

3 Questions asked by Carriker

What's the most important position to shore up this weekend via the transfer portal (LB, RB or WR)? How many of the 5 athletes will commit? Do we need (and will we) eventually sign a transfer QB? My uninformed answers: I think our biggest need is WR. Definitely would like to add in others...
  9. R

Nebraska Making a Last "Minute" Push To Flip 5* QB Dylan Raiola

Kaelin has been loyal since Raiola committed to Georgia. He's a smart kid and a good QB and done a ton of peer recruiting. I appreciate that level of commitment and would be very disappointed if chasing a 5 star that has shown no level of commitment (after multiple verbals) causes him to go...
  10. R

Probably unpopular opinion:

Great post!
  11. R

Raiola and O Line

I was not in the camp of people excited about retaining DR. But, he is certainly trending towards being a solid coach AND recruiter. Glad to be wrong, in this case. And, I hope that in a few years, I will have been EPICALLY wrong! :)
  12. R

Portal talk

That makes sense. But, the other side of the coin is that if they make a quick decision with the Dec timeframe, they can enroll at the new school for the winter semester and then participate in spring ball - which is huge for a player joining a new team.
  13. R

Huskers host Sharks - Game #1 - 7 pm Ctrl - Friday - 12/1/23 - Devaney Ctr

Did she say anything about Bekka Alick not playing?
  14. R

Volleyball Selection Show - ESPN @6:00 pm Eastern - 11-26-23

Thanks. John entertains and Lauren educates. It really is an excellent broadcast.
  15. R

Volleyball Selection Show - ESPN @6:00 pm Eastern - 11-26-23

Will John Baylor call the game on Huskers.com?
  16. R

Inexplicable

It's worth a try. There is no downside. Throw in Perlman just to be safe.
  17. R

Satterfield = Cosgrove

On the upside, it's the first time in quite awhile where we saw some development out of QB from year to year. I thought Purdy looked significantly better than last year.
  18. R

Making a Field Goal is also going for the win

I agree completely. It sounds a lot like Frost's explanation of the on-side kick. Call a low % - high risk play and when it doesn't work, claim you are 'going for the win'. The complete hubris (with nothing to back it up) is astonishing. (High risk because our 3rd string QB hadn't completed...
  19. R

Awful play calling

I was giving Rhule the benefit of the doubt on the third down call at the 5. Then in the press conference he defended it. Asking a 3rd string QB to make a tough throw in a tight window is unreasonable (or at least begging for a turnover). Our QB hadn't even completed a pass before this game -...
  20. R

Upon Reflection

I agree. I think the level of stupidity on the call might even rival Frost's on-side kick decision last year. Borderline unbelievable.

Back