• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. BornRed

Who will be Nebraska's New Athletic Director?

The more I hear and read about our new AD, the more I believe we will be in good hands. I was completely caught by surprise on how fast this happened. I have to eat a little crow posting earlier that I had no faith this would happen.
  2. BornRed

Texas A&M looking to leave the SEC for the B1G?

I have to back CrabHusker up on this one. Per the Athletic article that came out about a year ago: From 4-star to NFL Draft – Bottom 10 Nebraska 67 3 4.5% Tennessee 105 10 9.5% Michigan State 52 5 9.6% Texas 146 17 11.6% Rutgers 24 3 12.5% Texas A&M 100...
  3. BornRed

Fixing the B1G/SEC Mess

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39738322/conferences-notre-dame-agree-new-playoff-deal I would think this agreement settles the situation for the short term?
  4. BornRed

Who will be Nebraska's New Athletic Director?

With all the noise about the lack of leadership, I have little faith in the university making a quality AD hire. A lot of good names have been thrown out and some may be contacted to interview. But what quality AD would jump into this mess? I know two things are a must have in the new AD...
  5. BornRed

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

I have a headache after reading 50 pages of this. As always with a situation like this, there is a ton of speculation floating around. We probably will never know the full story behind TA's departure. My initial shock was surprised and hurt. With any messy divorce there is almost always...
  6. BornRed

Chip Kelly to Ohio State as OC

I wouldn't sell Chip Kelly short, he is a good offensive mind. I think that was a good pickup by Day.
  7. BornRed

Kadyn Proctor in the portal commits to home state school Iowa

Does anyone know if we have had any contact with this kid?
  8. BornRed

How I would exploit College Football

A lot of non revenue sports would have to be shut down. How many sports does football bankroll? Most of them. Colleges have a budget supported mostly by the big conference TV contracts. If you take a big chunk of that revenue to pay football players, how do colleges afford to keep the other...
  9. BornRed

Thankful for this Hmax Community

Same here BleedinHuskerRed except it's been 40+ years for me. Thought one day I would move back since most of my family is in Nebraska. Just can't get myself to leave the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains of SW Virginia. I am sure my proudly displayed GO BIG RED flag in the front yard...
  10. BornRed

Using HH

HH is a good athlete. HCMR talks all the time about positionless players and I think he fits that mold. We are thin at QB so I am sure that is where he stays. I would also expect to see plays drawn up for him to try and create a mismatch depending on the team we are playing. I don't get all...
  11. BornRed

The next round of conference realignment...

FSU leaving isn't a done deal yet. Have to let this play out in the courts. I am curious how long this process will take and how high up the court system this will go. I am sure whatever the initial decision is, there will be appeals.
  12. BornRed

Purdy is transferring

Seriously? SMH.
  13. BornRed

5* QB Dylan Raiola Has Flipped From Georgia

You have to honestly feel like Nebraska football just turned a much needed corner.
  14. BornRed

Nebraska Making a Last "Minute" Push To Flip 5* QB Dylan Raiola

This thread is like an episode of "As the World Turns".
  15. BornRed

Mickey Joseph To Be Head Coach At Grambling

Wish him the best and hope he has a successful career there. He is a good coach.
  16. BornRed

I need an early Christmas present!
  17. BornRed

McCord is gone

This is why I don't believe any rumors. The excitement of those 5 stars looking at us and then getting spurned gets old. I honestly didn't think for a minute that McCord would come here just based on our recent history. I thought the quick crystal balls for us were premature. He probably has...
  18. BornRed

Don’t get me wrong, I would be as excited as anyone if this news is true. But, I have to take the stance of I believe it when I see it for self preservation. What a Xmas present this would be.
  19. BornRed

The SEC

Let me throw this out. What if Alabama was undefeated and Jalen Milroe went down with a season ending injury. Would they still be in the CFP? I can guarantee you they would be. FSU did all they could do to earn a spot. They got hosed.
  20. BornRed

It's Time For Contracts in College Sports

Totally agree with the OP. May I add that the NCAA is incapable of managing this situation or most situations for that matter. Something like NFL Jr. as previously mentioned makes sense.

Back