• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. M

Changes Coming to the Early Signing Period?

I think you can set an early signing period in the summer with a clause to get out in certain conditions, primarily one of the following coaches are let go: primary recruiter, position coach, coordinator, or head coach. This means you can sign early if you are sure, but have an out if the reason...
  2. M

Who do you want for Nebraska’s OC?

I enjoyed the Costal Carolina offense, so I would also be good with Willy Korn (even with recognizing he doesn't call plays). My vote is still for Ruggiero though. I trust Frost to make the best choice to succeed since his job depends on it. I'll be cheering for whoever is picked come August...
  3. M

Any legitimate insights?

I heard from some sources close to the program and the OWH that we might be getting MJ :Biggrin:
  4. M

Mickey Joseph

Maybe, just maybe, Frost is actually working on putting together a good staff and all the hand-wringing has been for naught.
  5. M

Mickey Joseph

I believe he is talking about Declan Sullivan. Back in 2010, he died when Kelly decided to have the videographer on a lift in 50mph+ gusts of winds which toppled, killing him. https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=6219373
  6. M

Mickey Joseph

Only thing I've seen him tweet was that two contracts would be signed but nothing that I've seen about an announcement.
  7. M

Mickey Joseph

It's also possible it's an NFL guy or someone who wants to talk with their team first. That said, I'm also a little worried since the whole point of immediate departures was to avoid this (or so we were told).
  8. M

Mickey Joseph

I tend to agree though I do think it depends on if they get the interim title part way through the season and can turn things around without any meddling from Frost
  9. M

2022 Kool Aid

To be honest, I fully expect to be drinking the kool-aid by the start of next season. We were close enough this season in so many games that I have hope we can fix small things and have a huge turnaround next year. I also realize it's unlikely
  10. M

Let’s come together for last game of the year

I'm taking my grandpa to the game otherwise I'd be game to meet everyone :Smile:
  11. M

Justin Fuente out at Va Tech. Former OC and QB coach

I mean I somewhat agree; however, purely looking at a W-L comparison Riley does look better. 1-2 for winning seasons vs 0-4 for Frost. Riley also beat two ranked teams which is two more than Frost. Again, I agree that Frost has more upside and this year feels better than any Riley year in many...
  12. M

Davison helping to pick OC

I definitely think this is isn't a big deal. Frost has a lot on his plate these two weeks with coaching a somewhat cobbled together interim staff and playing our two biggest rivals (if not in record than in spirit). If I were to guess, Frost put together two lists: one list of traits/skills he...
  13. M

I agree that it was a gamble. I also wasn't against the gamble. My issue with his hiring was that he was getting a lot of 'native son' treatment. I'm actually more behind him this year than after year 1. The team doesn't appear to quit easily and I think we could explode into the scene next...
  14. M

I looked back and it looks like I kept it to myself until midway through 2019 on the board. The conversation I was thinking of happened then. I apologize for the mixup :thumbsup:
  15. M

I remember the arguments :Biggrin: I didn't say it was a bad hire necessarily either. I just didn't like the second coming kind of treatment he was getting. To me, it was a gamble that we made in large part due to his Cornhusker connection. I think he wanted to coach here and would have stayed...
  16. M

I didn't think Frost had enough experience yet and felt the UCF undefeated season was a mirage. The 0-12 season looked to be caused by administrative errors (the head coach was also the AD) and only added to the illusion. I got a bunch of flak for the belief on this board at the time. I honestly...
  17. M

List of homerun/realistic'ish OC's we can get

Man, feel sorry for the guy. Parkinson's is no joke. I hadn't heard about it, just knew he became an analyst when he left Miami
  18. M

List of homerun/realistic'ish OC's we can get

I always wondered if we had a shot at Mark Richt since he was from Omaha. He's an analyst now, but maybe that would work (if it's a previous head coach which I have heard before). :Biggrin:
  19. M

Offensive and Defensive statistics ranking

And 6 of those points were almost directly off of turnovers. Two drives where the offense gave the ball to Michigan at the Nebraska 35 or closer. They held them to 3 TDs and 4 FGs. We held them under their season average in points by a little under a field goal even with the offense gifting them...
  20. M

Offensive and Defensive statistics ranking

The only reason we were in that game was because of the defense. The drive right before NE got the ball with 1:24 was a fumble by Martinez. The defense held the Michigan offense to... -3 yards. Yes they had a bad drive before that, but again...ended in a field goal. The offense failing to make...

Back