• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. R

PJ Fleck to Martinez: "I’m really proud of how good you’ve gotten."

Fleck is a father figure to AM? If he has mentored him, then fine. But we should tell Frost. Word choice matters, even if unintentional. To your point: Row 90…noun Row a boat…verb And no, I don’t find Fleck to present as genuine. He can coach, though.
  2. R

PJ Fleck to Martinez: "I’m really proud of how good you’ve gotten."

He’s “proud” of him? That hits the ear wrong. Pride implies Fleck’s involvement, and makes the compliment about Fleck, not AM. I’m not proud of the kid who puts up our Christmas lights. He does a good job, though.
  3. R

South End Zone or North End Zone - Seat yourself

I think it’s less about the end zone, and more about the Row.
  4. R

Huskers will play Fordham on 4 September

Glad they had this idea before they considered anything really dumb, like trying to duck Oklahoma.
  5. R

Is Moos the A.D. a week from now?

I don’t think he’ll be fired, but if you’ve contorted yourself into a pretzel explaining this away by the economy, I wonder if you really believe that. It’s pretty clear why they “looked into this.” Replace Moos and Frost with Eichorst and Riley. I’m sure you’d feel the same way as you do now.
  6. R

Nebraska opting out of Oklahoma game? UPDATE: Moos makes statement that they explored other options but are looking forward to playing OU

This would be humiliating, in perpetuity, on a national scale. All scorn and derision deserved. I hope it’s not accurate, because this isn’t the Nebraska I cheer for.
  7. R

Avante Dickerson.Decommits From MN;

I’ll get back on topic. Dickerson to Oregon. 10 stars or footballs or confidence points. Too many chances to commit to NU, and too much effort to get out of here. It’s okay. He never wanted to be here, by the looks of it. And he should do what he wants to do. If I’m wrong, I will post no...
  8. R

Am I watching Nebraska?

If anyone was Nebraska-like today, it was Cincinnati. Colossal penalties, panicky play calls and execution at times, and an inexplicable pass on 3rd and 2 with 1:30 left and no UGA timeouts...which lost them the game.
  9. R

Fleck You

So true, but since we’re everyone’s B’s, he just kind of goes in the pot with the rest. We can still make fun of his see-through mask, though.
  10. R

Cole Payton

If the coaches are contemplating an offer, I’d like to point out that if we have already sewn the name on a jersey and a engraved a locker nameplate for Patrick Payton, it’d probably make sense offer Cole.
  11. R

Playing THE Ohio State a second time

I don’t care about media “approval.” I care that Nebraska, who “just wants to play,” stands by their word and actually plays. No matter who it’s against. What message does that send to the team that we ducked it because they’ll just get “crushed” again? If we don’t want another swing at the...
  12. R

Yes. But this time they’d be right.
  13. R

Play it. 100%. You take any game you can get. Not only is ducking it cowardly, you give up the high ground, and the media can roast Nebraska... and be correct (for the first time this year). I’d be more embarrassed than I was after the Illinois game.
  14. R

Mertz tests positive second time enters B1G 21 day protocol

Didn’t the late start of the season get delayed (at least a week) because of Wisconsin? I call this a forfeit if they don’t play, and no one can talk me out of it. So there.
  15. R

Mertz tests positive second time enters B1G 21 day protocol

Was that lab called “Kevin Warren Lab Tests and Stuff”? FLAS is right. Very, very few misses on the PCR. Plenty of misses on the test Mertz just took. Let’s hope he pulls a Saban and is negative and ready to go on Sat.
  16. R

Receiver injuries!

Sounded to me like he was happy about Adrian, Luke, and Kade Warner. And irritable about everyone else.
  17. R

Opt out teams shouldn't get a vote.

Sorry—I was referring to the hospital’s ability to call anything COVID. That is not true. They get paid more for COVID, but a head blow doesn’t get called that. If I take your comment as a joke, it’s funny— in serious, your scenario is a stretch. That fraud would get caught in a second. Back to...
  18. R

That is false, so I’ll assume you’re joking about the “hospital gets more money if it’s COVID” misunderstanding. If only that was how it worked.
  19. R

Lots of people have said this, and I tried really hard to stay out of it...but I can’t let it go any longer. That is not at all what the CDC said. Complete misinterpretation of data. We’re now approaching 200K dead of COVID. CDC data supports that. I’m not going to explain how death...

Back