• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. Y

Whats this stuff regarding Trev?

Those quotes are great examples of what happens when a bunch of people who don't know what they are talking about get together for coffee at the Village Inn and pretend to know what they are talking about, and then take that groupthink to a wider audience presenting themselves as the informed...
  2. Y

Ashley Scoggins

Um…he admitted that she was in his hotel room in Pennsylvania.
  3. Y

Ashley Scoggins

It’s still early in the case and a lot can happen. But, it certainly appears that the admin had multiple witnesses to the various meetings after the shenanigans in Pennsylvania, including her parents, and probably documented everything along the way.
  4. Y

I understand Love denied that there was a sexual relationship in his Answer. If that is true, it makes for some interesting wrangling, since it’s potentially/ likely a Rule 11 violation to deny a fact like that one. Haven’t read his Answer tho. We went from videoing them in bed (something...
  5. Y

Now that the answers are in...wondering if we can get some more of that $420 per hour hard hitting analysis, advice of early settlement, and discussion of "strict liability". I mean the University itself denied that its policies prohibit the conduct always, and denied that the alleged conduct...
  6. Y

Tommie Frazier vs. Turner Gill

Got it…all a fella has to do is name it the same thing (and proclaim to be an option QB), and then it magically becomes the same thing, regardless of how different they actually were.
  7. Y

It’s been a minute or years, but IIRC the play call did give Gill or whoever was playing QB the option to pass depending on what the coverage was and did. Pre-snap read man and/or loose zone with no help and a good inside release, pass. Obvious double, or the safety rolls up/over on the snap...
  8. Y

I'll start the "much different" description. Gill's first option in the 84 OB play at issue is a pass. Frazier's play never involved the pass option. The design of the 84 play, if the pass option was not open, was to option the run off the OLB of safety (the FB missed the block on the OLB)...
  9. Y

Been avoiding this but finally spilling my thoughts.

If only you had just said it was a misstatement when asked...Really, why was it so hard to simply say: "Well it may not have been the "practice player" who obtained the key (and was presumably a male) who entered the room with the others? And there you are again...being dishonest.
  10. Y

I got no idea how it's all going to play out. But if Mauren finds another 7 rubes like the OP...well the university is going bankrupt. Edit: I think there's still some obligation to try to dig further into what happened/is going on. The hotel room hijinks doesn't even register. What I think...
  11. Y

I got that from the complaint itself. It's being couched in the "I was too intimidated" to say anything before vein. Understandable at the team meeting, especially if Love was there. Less so with the parents present without Love. I'm spitballing again, Trev and Williams were not the only...
  12. Y

Are you relying on the complaint to believe that absolutely no investigation was taking place? I'm spitballing here, and if I were a betting man, I'm all in on an investigation having been started shortly after the hotel hijinks became known to those in a position to start said investigation...
  13. Y

I don't disagree as it relates to instances when the player is a minor. Legally, it gets squishy when both are adults...keeping in mind that individual policy of an institution is not what determines the legality of meeting behind closed doors. I imagine that meeting with players on road trips...
  14. Y

It's worse than I thought...'practice player' is not a team member. Even the complaint makes a distinction. I simply asked where you got the information that the 'practice player' entered the room, because well, no one had ever said that before, including in the allegations of the complaint. I...
  15. Y

What was to investigate as to the hotel hijinks? Contrary to misinformation being put forth by another poster, is there really anything to investigate? What harm was caused to Scoggins for the failure to investigate this? Seriously, what was there to investigate and why is this important...
  16. Y

Probably, maybe? Does it depend? Why just a coach of the opposite sex? And, assuming just this warrants an "investigation"...what level of investigation? Is it internal to the team? Does it have to get 'larger' just because two people of the opposite sex were in a room together (and in...
  17. Y

Are you serious...or just unable to comprehend the written language? Post 15: Absolutely nothing that indicates a belief that players didn't go into the room. Post 29: Yep, again absolutely nothing referencing a belief or opinion that players didn't go into the room. This is why you have no...
  18. Y

And then up the admin are going to be the key issues and what actions were taken by the University folks and Scroggins, or were not taken, being the others as it relates to the relationship between Scroggins and Love. It will also be interesting to learn when Williams became aware, and exactly...
  19. Y

There has to be enough factual allegations contained in the complaint to put a defendant on notice of what they are defending against, and those allegations have to state a valid cause of action. Neither are difficult to achieve. That said, a lot can be gleaned from the allegations of the a...
  20. Y

Please find any post where I said that my belief was that there wasn't even players going into the room. Why are you making things up? Why are you stating falsehoods? Are you intentionally misrepresenting what has been said; or, are you just unable to comprehend what has actually been stated...

Back