• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #32 (3/16) #3 Nebraska (23-9) vs #2 Illinois (24-8) 2:30(ish) CBS GAME THREAD

6-1 fouls this half. This is hard to watch. Lawrence gets run through like a Mack truck and no call while the refs are anticipating foul calls every time Shannon has the ball.
  2. CynicalHusker

Hoiberg Coach of The Year...

It's true I had very low expectations for HCFH and Nebrasketball this year. And, I deserve to be called out on this forum for being so negative this season. However, I'm pleasantly surprised by DONU's success and hope it continues in the Big 10 tournament and more importantly the NCAA...
  3. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #27 (2/21)(18-8)(8-7) Nebraska vs (14-11)(6-8) Indiana @ Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall 730 CT PM BTN GAME THREAD

Another Fred Hoiberg 2nd half masterpiece. You can't make this stuff up. Cowardly bigs and everyone playing scared.
  4. CynicalHusker

NCAA Tournament

I don't hate DONU. I just have higher expectations for the basketball program than the administration or most of the fan base and HCFH is who he is. It's year five for him and there should be no excuses. These are his players in his system with fantastic facilities and tremendous fan support...
  5. CynicalHusker

NCAA Tournament

Yes. If they go 4-1 I think they're in the tournament. If they go 3-2 and Fred does his usual underachieving in the Big 10 tournament with a first game loss, it's NIT.
  6. CynicalHusker

NCAA Tournament

This is a bubble team at best despite the excessive sunshine pumping from the more prolific posters in this group. Joe Lunardi agrees and he's been very accurate predicting the field.
  7. CynicalHusker

NCAA Tournament

DONU is a #2 seed... in NIT Bracketology. https://www.nitbracketology.com/2024/02/nit-bracketology-feb-12.html?m=1 But getting to the NIT once every five years is enough to keep Fred employed. Nebraska is a #1 seed in this NIT bracket: https://thebarkingcrow.com/nit-bracketology/ If that...
  8. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #24 (16-7)(6-6) Nebraska vs (15-7)(6-5) Northwestern @ Welsh Ryan Arena BTN 8 PM CT GAME THREAD

Fred will need to win a game in the Big 10 tournament to get an NCAA bid. This will be a Herculean task for him and this team to beat a lower half conference team on a neutral floor. I see the NIT in DONU's future and Fred needs to be fired if he can't make the tournament after five years of...
  9. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #24 (16-7)(6-6) Nebraska vs (15-7)(6-5) Northwestern @ Welsh Ryan Arena BTN 8 PM CT GAME THREAD

Need to end a losing streak or season best performances, just play Nebraska at home.
  10. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #18 1/17 (13-4)(3-3) Nebraska vs (9-7)(1-4) Rutgers @ Rutgers 6 PM CT BTN GAME THREAD

Yep. Nebraska is playing like they don't deserve to be in the same gym with Rutgers. It's been another epic collapse.
  11. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #17 Friday 1/12 (13-3)(3-2) Nebraska vs (9-6)(1-3) Iowa @ Carver-Hawkeye Arena 830 CT BTN GAME THREAD

Wow! Need to reevaluate post season hopes after this game. First Day Big 10 Tournament loss and NIT berth with a first round loss is this team's destiny.
  12. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #15 (12‐2)(2-1) Nebraska vs (10-3)(2-0)#21 Wisconsin @ Kohl Center 1:15 CT BTN GAME THREAD

I deserved that. I don't think many were putting Purdue in the win column. I'm happy for the historic win. The same team that got run out of the gym vs. Creighton and bungled the 2nd half vs. a very beatable Minnesota team convincingly took down the #1 team in the country. I didn't see that...
  13. CynicalHusker

MBB GAME #15 (12‐2)(2-1) Nebraska vs (10-3)(2-0)#21 Wisconsin @ Kohl Center 1:15 CT BTN GAME THREAD

Nebraska getting destroyed playing an actual tournament team. Not many wins left on the schedule so they'll be lucky to make the NIT.
  14. CynicalHusker

Frost to Iowa!

My wish for Iowa is Scott Frost will bring the same dedication to Hawkeye football that he brought to DONU.
  15. CynicalHusker

A quick reminder about conference bball

1 - Yes but FH isn't a good coach 2 - No 3 - Yes 4 - Yes 5 - Yes
  16. CynicalHusker

5* QB Dylan Raiola Has Flipped From Georgia

Hallelujah! No pressure, kid.
  17. CynicalHusker

Mickey Joseph To Be Head Coach At Grambling

Good to see MJ become HCMJ. He'll do well at Grambling.
  18. CynicalHusker

McCord is gone

Syracuse? DONU doesn't make a bowl but still taking Ls in December. The humiliations never end.

Back