• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. FredsRedAxe

Nebraska vs Maryland Game Thread (11/11/23)

Way better to take a 3rd string QB who hasn't taken a snap this season and have him throw into a congested end zone.
  2. FredsRedAxe

I believe that Satt just coached us out of bowl eligibility with this game. No way we beat Wiscy or Iowa
  3. FredsRedAxe

While it lasts, that is.
  4. FredsRedAxe

All Husker fans should be enjoying this
  5. FredsRedAxe

Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread (10/21/23)

It’s hilarious how many “I‘ve been saying (insert claim here) …but people said I was wrong“ posts you make. We could turn it into a drinking game every Saturday,
  6. FredsRedAxe

Nebraska vs Michigan Game Thread (9/30/23)

What does that even mean?
  7. FredsRedAxe

Do We Care Anymore?

I know that hoot'n and holler'n get tougher as you get older so maybe you could just try the hoot'n without the holler'n or the holler'n without the hoot'n? Or do both but at different points in the game. You could hoot in the 1st half and holler in the 2nd. Find whatever works for you but we...
  8. FredsRedAxe

The Ship of Theseus

9. FredsRedAxe

Smoked brisket

Thanks! Have you tried Hardcore Carnivore Red? I have both the black and the red and they're both really good. I've used the red on my last few cooks with good results.
  10. FredsRedAxe

Smoked brisket

My brothers-in-law and I are currently engaged in a friendly, and mutually beneficial, brisket contest. We did two recently and are really having good luck with the so called "foil boat" method. To touch upon the "fat side up or down" question, I did mine meat side up at 225 and spritzed...
  11. FredsRedAxe

Smoked brisket

I agree. I will usually brush the tallow onto my butcher paper to saturate it before wrapping the brisket.
  12. FredsRedAxe

Smoked brisket

I like to take the trimmed fat, put it in a loaf pan and place it on the smoker with the brisket. Once it renders down I pour the liquid fat through a cheesecloth and end up with a small mason jar of smoked tallow. Liquid Gold. This is from a brisket I did recently. I used the rendered fat...
  13. FredsRedAxe

Any Woodworkers Here?

Let me save you some trouble. Take $10,000 in cash, walk it to your nearest bathroom, and flush it down the toilet. That'll save you the heartache of buying a garage full of woodworking equipment only to sell it when you find out that you have no talent or patience for woodworking. That was...
  14. FredsRedAxe

Cocktail Sauce

Interesting. We do a fish fry every Friday night at work and no one ever puts much thought into the cocktail sauce (Heinz and bottled horseradish). Next time I'll kick it up a notch and roll out your homemade ketchup -> fresh horseradish -> ancho powder idea.
  15. FredsRedAxe

Pellet smokers, Pit Boss?

They both will turn out decent bbq so if we assume they are equal in that regard, a couple of other things to consider are warranty, grill space, and connectivity. Pit Boss has a 5 year warranty compared to Traeger's 3. Parts do fail from time to time on these pellet grills. We have a Camp...
  16. FredsRedAxe

Deions a buffoon, but he sure isn’t messing around

Coach Prime has clearly dispatched an army of AI bots to infiltrate college football forums and hype his primeness.
  17. FredsRedAxe

Pray for me lol

Gas station sushi is probably safer than the gas station bathroom.
  18. FredsRedAxe

Pray for me lol

Update? Bowels still intact?

Back