• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. mbHusker

Minnesota Week Practice Thread: 30 August: Depart For Minnesota

Exactly right. For the last decade we have always heard this time of year all the hype about players puking and their workouts are so hard and they are more fit then ever before and then I see pictures of them and they don't look like they even workout. These guys look fit, very muscular and...
  2. mbHusker

New DC - Tony White

That is why you call it your base defense.
  3. mbHusker

New DC - Tony White

Don't forget a ground and pound offense makes defensive statistics better.
  4. mbHusker

Is it possible?

Great post. In addition, let's not give coaches the incentive to produce poor teams and get paid to be fired. I think an AD should be able to look a coach in the eye and say I don't want to pay you more than $2M a year for a .500 season but I will pay you $7M for a conference championship...
  5. mbHusker

Just for fun, who’s your next HC possibles?

Eric Bieniemy
  6. mbHusker

2022 Alternates: Tribute to 1983 Scoring Explosion

I like wearing throw back jerseys much better than alternative jerseys, especially if you are a tradition rich program like Nebraska. Why try and compete with Oregon and Nike when you can showcase your tradition with throwback jerseys.
  7. mbHusker

Huskers Offer Top Kicker Charlie Weinrich From KC

The football goal crossbar is 10 feet high, and the posts are an additional 20 feet high, for a total height of 30 feet. NFL and NCAA goal posts are 18 feet, 6 inches wide. High school goal posts are 23 feet, 4 inches wide.
  8. mbHusker

Number One Recruits

So the number 1 ranked recruit in Nebraska is going to Oregon. Rather than light my hair on fire, I'd like to celebrate a couple of other number 1 state recruits: Iowa number 1: Fidone Hawaii number 1: Ho'ohuli South Dakota number 1: Randolph Kpai As a side note, Oliver Martin was the...
  9. mbHusker

Transfer portal Speculation

I agree Fidone is very talented, but it is never a failure if a freshman needs a year or two to really learn the system. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he plays in four games and redshirts.
  10. mbHusker

Interesting comment on the NU-Rutgers broadcast

I’m sure Vokolek was doing the same for us.
  11. mbHusker

Bowl Projection: Birmingham Bowl: Nebraska vs Boise State; or Independence Bowl vs Army

Now I’m just rolling my eyes. For starters conferences other than the B1G and Pac12 starter earlier than us and had breaks in between games. I’m disappointed too but I’m not going to complain about the players’ decision considering they are the ones who lived through this crazy season—not me and...
  12. mbHusker

Bowl Projection: Birmingham Bowl: Nebraska vs Boise State; or Independence Bowl vs Army

Yes to your question. Below are a few of them and they all have opted out of bowling. Expect more to follow. Arizona State Boston College Florida State Georgia Tech Kansas State Louisville Maryland Michigan State Penn State Pitt San Diego State SMU (COVID-19 issues) Stanford UCLA USC Utah...
  13. mbHusker

Nebraska @ Rutgers Practice Week Tuesday Zoom Presser

Did we have any timeouts left? Pelini definitely would have called one if the front was wrong.
  14. mbHusker

Thank You Bob Diaco

Bob makes any offense look good. Just what we needed!
  15. mbHusker

Where *** was wrong

That’s a lot of great information! But I think you are missing the point some are trying to make here. If you don’t use a two TE set and a full back you really aren’t committed to the run game.
  16. mbHusker

2024 Schedule....BRUTAL!

We had such a favorable schedule of bad teams we could rest our starters after a half and give our young up and comers game time experience in the second half. That is how we were able to reload every year. There’s this new thing in college football called parity, along with P5 conference...
  17. mbHusker

2024 Schedule....BRUTAL!

You mean the teams that played in the Big 8 and basically had one tough game against Oklahoma each year?
  18. mbHusker

Knight commission endorses FBS Football split from the NCAA

I don’t think schools will be exempt from Title IX just because they leave the NCAA.
  19. mbHusker

Verdu

Poorly worded question. Better to ask how accurately they are getting through their reads. His answer is both a cop-out and a slight against the receivers group.
  20. mbHusker

Knight commission endorses FBS Football split from the NCAA

The NCAA has a small number of profitable athletic programs based mostly on football revenues. Consider this quote: “The nearly 1,100 presidents of NCAA schools have consistently sought to create the most effective and fair ways to support student athletes.” You have 65 power 5 schools. That...

Back