• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. HuskerInTexas

Raiola & Kaelin Throw in front of NFL Scouts

What an effortless release that has so much zip to it...
  2. HuskerInTexas

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

This is absolutely spot on. Isolating it to "poor leadership" from the BoR or President is a small piece of the bigger picture and it's far more complicated than the tin foil hat theory that a Governor wants to make the school admins less liberal. There is a full on debate about how the...
  3. HuskerInTexas

Alberts is no saint. The BoR and lack of a sitting president is a big deal but this search is not unlike other major searches and there are obviously only a finite number of people who would even be qualified for this job. Don't let the smoke and mirrors distract you from the Title IX...
  4. HuskerInTexas

Bingo. All the deflections and what-abouts around the BoR/president really don't matter. He was supposed to be a lifer and he quit on us less than 6 months after this quote. All that to say, I had reservations around us hiring him in the first place. I thought we needed to pursue someone more...
  5. HuskerInTexas

Favorite Non-Title Team

The 2012 team is pretty underrated in our history. So many fun moments and great players on that team. They obviously weren't a national title contender like 2001, 82, or 99, but a high level of talent. IMO, if we had still been in the Big 12 that year, we are 100% in title contention just based...
  6. HuskerInTexas

UCLA NEXT COACH - Tony White? - NOPE! It's Deshaun Foster.

Having gone to the season opener last year in Minnesota, I have to say it's one of the more lackluster environments I've ever been in. I am still somewhat in shock we lost that game but pretty mediocre game day experience either way.
  7. HuskerInTexas

Further proof HS rankings are crap

While KJ Bolden went from a high 4* committed to FSU to a 5* after he flipped to Georgia. I just don't put any weight into the rankings. They're fun for us to debate and speculate on but that's about all it is. I actually know one of the founders of Rivals and he kind of jokes about that...
  8. HuskerInTexas

Offensive guard Micah Mazzccua is N (previously from Florida & Baylor) Update: Starting OG at UF

I'd be surprised if Piper is coming back next year or, at minimum, won't play much. I view Mazzccua as either a complete replacement for him or a significant depth piece behind Evans-Jenkins.
  9. HuskerInTexas

Husker Super Bowl Streak

This is largely what I mean when I say head case. He was a lightning rod in Dallas for personal fouls, offsides, encroachment, etc. It's like he didn't know how to play a clean game once he got back into the league.
  10. HuskerInTexas

Conflicting NIL deals

You're fine! I didn't mean to come across as a jerk. I honestly thought Shilo said he was getting a $31M deal (which was entirely realistic for him to say btw)... They think VERY highly of themselves as a family
  11. HuskerInTexas

Conflicting NIL deals

Don't think that's allowed. Uniforms and equipment are regulated/licensed by the school. If he were to walk out with a non-official helmet and get hurt, could you imagine the liability that would create? Also... no one is paying Shilo $31M for anything. He's not even the best Sanders on the team.
  12. HuskerInTexas

Husker Super Bowl Streak

Cowboys fan here. Gregory was a mess. Good player but complete head case, regardless of peoples thoughts on weed. Wish him the best but he had an insane amount of potential. I don't want to say it was wasted because he truly made a long career in the NFL, which very few guys can do, but it's...
  13. HuskerInTexas

All-Time NFL Husker Team

Considering the question was about NFL stats, I don't think it's unheard of to not list Rodgers. He had a stint in the CFL but his NFL career lasted only a year or two.
  14. HuskerInTexas

Chubba Purdy To San Jose State; Switches To Nevada-Reno With Coaching Change at SJSU

Tough spot for Purdy... SJSU's coach now rumored to be landing at Arizona.
  15. HuskerInTexas

Dana Holgorsen In Talks About A Possible Role On Huskers Staff

Typically a lot of booze and a fair amount of knowledge around QB development plus passing game schematics.
  16. HuskerInTexas

JUCO DT Dylan Christley Has Been Offered By And Will Visit Nebraska

There's a chance to keep Nash around but you're right... going to be some high level turnover very quickly. Would love to build even more depth behind those guys. Knighton has quickly become one of my favorite coaches on this staff though. He's proven to be an incredible teacher. Nash obviously...
  17. HuskerInTexas

JUCO DT Dylan Christley Has Been Offered By And Will Visit Nebraska

Comparing to Aaron Donald??? I mean, come on...
  18. HuskerInTexas

Donovan Raiola 2024 #6 Recruiter In The Nation

Hoping he can reel in some of those monster OL in the 2025 class from Kansas City.
  19. HuskerInTexas

Saban and Belichick seen in Haymarket with HCMR

These are our new analysts.
  20. HuskerInTexas

What is the back story?

That was on the Pat McAfee Show and he was incredible.

Back