• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. CrabHusker

Coachspeak

Rhule's 'Fire' is so different from what I grew up with. My 'firey' coach directed his fire at us, his players. It wasn't the team building, 'We're going to do this' type of attitude and fire Rhule has. I didn't make many of us want to do anything for him. When he was let go, his replacement was...
  2. CrabHusker

Is it a good sign or a bad sign if Dylan doesn’t start game one?

Whatever happens, multiple someone's will be unhappy about it and proceed to tell us how the staff screwed it up.
  3. CrabHusker

Hunting and Fishing Memes

I used to have a T shirt that had a picture of a Johnson outboard on it that said: Long Shaft Johnson My mom was not impressed.
  4. CrabHusker

Can we please stop calling it NIL?

No, but I'm sure there is an issue if THEY DON'T do a commercial on TV. Spring game is when now? Good grief.
  5. CrabHusker

Coachspeak

He can still be a 'nice guy', but be very direct and to the point in his role as Head Coach. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
  6. CrabHusker

Is Mike Brown The Best Husker Safety Ever?

Clarke was a good one as well. That ‘81 defense was really good, but I tend to forget a lot of those guys because of how bad the ‘83 defense played.
  7. CrabHusker

Is Mike Brown The Best Husker Safety Ever?

I wouldn't argue it, but I'm not sure I'd argue if someone said it was Josh Bullocks. A few might say Mike Minter as well, again, I'm not sure I'd argue a lot.
  8. CrabHusker

Hunting and Fishing Memes

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my brother in law years ago when I first started fly fishing. 'Why drive all the way up here to just put the damned thing back in the river?' It didn't calm his nerves either.
  9. CrabHusker

Eat What You Kill

That would be an interesting combination to witness. We do have a few younger posters on the board, a couple I know personally, who have pretty good takes on things. I'd say 'beyond their years' kind of takes. I suspect the bulk in that age range would not look at things the same way the bulk...
  10. CrabHusker

Brisket tips for smoking

I’ve done a handful of briskets over the years that were really incredible. One was for a group of guys I work with and they still think I’m the brisket master. I keep telling them that was the anomaly, but they think I’m just being modest. I keep offering to screw up another one to prove it...
  11. CrabHusker

Brisket tips for smoking

I'm not sure I'm a good person, but I've screwed up smoking about every cut of meat you can smoke. That said, screwed up brisket is kind of my specialty.
  12. CrabHusker

Brisket tips for smoking

I bothers me when I screw up a perfectly good brisket because: Smoker got too hot. Smoker wasn't hot enough. Didn't wrap soon enough. Wrapped too soon. Didn't let it rest. Had too many bourbons and couldn't wait out the stall. Too windy. Too cold.
  13. CrabHusker

Tommie Frazier vs. Turner Gill

I remember the 17-7 deficit. That’s when I lost my mind and pulled a the bar top off the base and had to be removed from the premises. Finished the game in a combination of my radio on my truck and the TV at home.
  14. CrabHusker

Here is another twist to the story. Since the Universities are not directly involved in the NIL deal itself, how involved are they in the assistance and education of the athletes who get deals? I would think a school like Nebraska would sit the player down and explain the ramifications of...
  15. CrabHusker

I'm sure there are some kids getting NIL dollars that aren't managing the money well at all or filing taxes. I do hope if they're getting it through the collectives that there is at least a cursory conversation and document walk through that gives the player a base to start from. Where it goes...
  16. CrabHusker

I'm really interested to see where it all goes. We've had some back and forth about what that will look like, but I think the biggest issue is what governing body will create then enforce the rules? I think most of us assume the NCAA is a dead horse that just doesn't have the good sense to...
  17. CrabHusker

Gill will likely always be my favorite Husker QB. He was one of the most athletic and graceful players to play the position at any school. I disagree that he was a good passer, but I'm also not going to split hairs and speak poorly of a guy I respect and really enjoyed watching. Loved them both.
  18. CrabHusker

You completely understood my point. Gill was a great player on a great offense. He was also a relatively soft spoken man. Great person. Great football player and later coach, but very different personality on the field. Frazier was a great leader and a great player on great teams. I’m not...
  19. CrabHusker

They are very different players. Both great in their own ways. Nebraska’s defense in 1981 was pretty good. In 1982 I’d say the same. The ‘83 version was a problem. I’ll say this, you put Frazier on the 81-83 teams and how many NC’s do they have? He was a very different leader and it’s hard...
  20. CrabHusker

Hookers and Blow. Sounds like a great name for a bar.

Back