• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. AnnArborHusker

Kickers are the Worst

Asking a kicker to start doing something new and different midseason is a recipe for disaster. But, what he probably needs to do is revert back and do a reset of his technique. I don't have any side by side clips of his kicking motion from last year to this year but it is possible that he has...
  2. AnnArborHusker

Kickers are the Worst

jc! Nice to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. I am around but pretty much stay off the board but saw this in my alerts. You are correct, it is the yipps in a big way and with his technique it is hard to get out of them. Our FG protect has been getting blown up regularly which could...
  3. AnnArborHusker

Michigan State game September 2021 things to see and do?

To really see the beauty of Michigan you would have to go "Up North" as we call it. Anything along lake Michigan north of Muskegon and all the way up to Harbor Springs is spectacular. Here's a good article to start with...
  4. AnnArborHusker

Kicker enters Transfer protocol

I don't know that I will add much past what you and @Sherlock stated. Whenever a soccer kid wants to try place kicking, I can tell within the first few minutes if there is anything there or not and this is for a few reasons. The biggest one is that many soccer kids' muscle memory is to "bend it...
  5. AnnArborHusker

A quick read with *** this morning

The good news is we've hopefully got the Aussie punter ready to go for this season and if so they are very good at pinning punts inside the 10 yard line. As you know that's what killed us last year as far as field position goes, we started inside the ten countless times, they started outside the...
  6. AnnArborHusker

I hear you but ANY defense will be better when the opponents start from their 20 or inside a majority of the time. That's why I believe Osborne chose not to kick into the end zone every time. He put dudes on those coverage teams and they made plays, not something every coach will do...
  7. AnnArborHusker

I haven't been around for a while so I am just catching up, and I heartily agree that we need a kicker to put the ball out of the back of the endzone, but my recollection was that Osborne did not in fact always have a kicker put the ball out of the endzone. One example was the 1997 season with...
  8. AnnArborHusker

Wandale....

If this is true it may very well be time to just go Ground and Pound on offense until you can afford to be a finesse offense. Run the ball, play tough defense, win some games.
  9. AnnArborHusker

Greatest Husker Athlete of All Time

The Claw!!! Loved watching him growing up. He was the first "villain" I remember. Used the wrestle the Gagne family, right?
  10. AnnArborHusker

“Not the victory but the action”

That is what I was trying to say, I hope it didn't come off as sarcastic, it wasn't meant to.
  11. AnnArborHusker

Very good point, sellouts and attendance do mean a lot if your school is not a big winner.
  12. AnnArborHusker

Yes, turns out we weren't the "Best Fans" after all, just the most gracious winners. This is not a shot on us fans, just reality and it's still way more than most fan bases can say.
  13. AnnArborHusker

He played hoops just like he ran the option - very smooth, never panicked and you could tell everything appeared to be in slow motion from his perspective.
  14. AnnArborHusker

Prayers and positive vibes appreciated

Take care of yourself bamahusk, do what your doctor says so you can get back to 100% asap!
  15. AnnArborHusker

Alabama has 20 top 300 recruits, 7 in the top 50 and 12 in the top 100

Fully agree. The people clamoring for a playoff got what they wanted but very few of us could have imagined the fallout. First the Bowl games lost their luster and only became important for the extra practices and now 7 some years later it becomes clear that the programs that were good when the...
  16. AnnArborHusker

I don't believe anyone has mentioned Turner Gill yet. Football, baseball and during the summers he really tore up the basketball courts at Normal and South street bak-in-the day.
  17. AnnArborHusker

Culp First Team All Big 10

When you look to see if the hold was good it is hard to determine is if the ball was placed exactly where the kicker wanted it. The holder puts his left hand where the kicker wants it (for a right footed kicker), then holds up the right hand as a target for the snapper. When the ball is...
  18. AnnArborHusker

Culp First Team All Big 10

Good for him! He is very steady and solid, hope he comes back as a redshirt/covid Senior!
  19. AnnArborHusker

Which coaches would you replace ('all' is not an option, yet)

It would be great if every football fan that has never had the opportunity could listen in on the headset chatter for one game. On a staff with chemistry, it is a well choreographed dance and can really be a thing of beauty. On a staff that is not a good fit it can be a real goat rodeo which is...

Back