• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. E

How can Kadyn Proctor be eligible?

Wasn't there a recent court decision temporarily suspending any enforcement of the transfer rules? I'm not sure. Too many changes for me to keep track of.
  2. E

Who will be Nebraska's New Athletic Director?

I have doubts about whether prospective President Gold will allow it to move forward as planned. He is a NYC academic and may not support the athletic department as strongly as previous Presidents.
  3. E

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

Now the “name is out”, and chosen.
  4. E

March Madness Selection Show

What time is the Husker game Friday? NM, time is still TBA.
  5. E

Getting back into the AAU may require a merger/subordination of UNMC into UNL. UNL does not get credit for the large grants received by UNMC. This is different than most other schools. Do you think Chancellor Gold of UNMC will agree to that?
  6. E

Seems like a lot of political rhetoric in this post.
  7. E

The big project Trev needed to accomplish was going nowhere without help from the BOR. No Chancellor. No President. A Board of Regents split in two by political and geographic issues. Lack of support or even antagonism out of the Omaha parts of the University. And a Governor and legislature...
  8. E

Rhule has everything he needs. Any new AD will make sure that continues to be the case.
  9. E

Now that Trev has spoken to the OWH, and the BOR is covering their behind, it is becoming clearer what has happened. See the OWH articles this evening. The failure of the board to name a President, particularly one who will be supportive of the athletic department and the AD, is to blame. I...
  10. E

Who will be Nebraska's New Athletic Director?

You have to get a President first. The BOR is deadlocked.
  11. E

One of the two finalists for the President position is the major problem.
  12. E

Brian Ferentz?

My best uninformed guess would be that he is looking for an analyst position that would not dent his hefty payout from Iowa. He would be a great addition to the staff, not just for his OL/TE knowledge but for his deep knowledge of the other teams in the Big Ten.
  13. E

Favorite Non-Title Team

1982 for me. Their only loss was to the referees.
  14. E

This ought to be fun.

The comment in the article that the NCAA will likely become insolvent is concerning. What will replace it? Will it be a superconference? Will it be a professional league? How will it be regulated? By contracts? These court decisions would make it likely that no rules will be allowed.
  15. E

What was 1890 thinking???

Clicked on this thread thinking it might be something important.
  16. E

Kirk Herbstreet and his alleged influence.

Don't you love it when someone complains about a rules or ethics violation, when there are no rules and very little ethics anymore.
  17. E

Non-Football: NU recruiting 5-star Academic Performers

The medical school is not part of UNL. Their research money does not count, but that does not explain why the ag school doesn't count. Maybe it is the source of the grants for the Ag school.
  18. E

Non-Football: NU recruiting 5-star Academic Performers

A little background on why UNL was voted out of the AAU. Largely political. https://www.insidehighered.com/news/governance/executive-leadership/2023/08/15/cast-out-12-years-ago-nebraska-seeks-return-aau By the time the AAU voted Nebraska out, its membership status had been in peril for over...
  19. E

Dana Holgorsen In Talks About A Possible Role On Huskers Staff

I would hesitate to attribute an opinion to being "lazy". An opinion can be influenced by available information which may be lacking. It may be influenced by the coaches or players being reluctant to explain the real reasons for failures. A poster may be reluctant to blame a player and would...
  20. E

QB Alex Manske Commits To Iowa State

And most team’s quarterback room will look different next December than it looks now. If I was advising a high school, junior, I would tell him to look around and take a lot of visits. He may need to make decisions next fall, and it is best to have as much information and firsthand experience...

Back