• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yesterday

I've never really been a big fan of the Beatles so this movie doesn't really appeal to me in any sort of way. I'd probably watch it at home, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. I joked recently(about a year or so ago) about a Beatles reunion, and this 20 something, cute little blond goes, "Who are the Beatles, I've never heard of them" LOL....

I've never really been a big fan of the Beatles so this movie doesn't really appeal to me in any sort of way. I'd probably watch it at home, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. I joked recently(about a year or so ago) about a Beatles reunion, and this 20 something, cute little blond goes, "Who are the Beatles, I've never heard of them" LOL....
Sorry HHS, I don't believe that level of naivety exists in a 20 something.... I can buy the cute dumb blond but ... never heard of them? Bulzhit. She better be a whole new level of "Oh Honey"

Last edited:

Sorry HHS, I don't believe that level of naivety exists in a 20 something.... I can buy the cute dumb blond but ... never heard of them? Bulzhit
Seriously? So, you just assume that everybody that's alive has heard of the Beatles? You can call what ever you want, means little to me. It's a true story pal.

Sorry HHS, I don't believe that level of naivety exists in a 20 something.... I can buy the cute dumb blond but ... never heard of them? Bulzhit. She better be a whole new level of "Oh Honey"
I don't know, I think it's feasible that she doesn't know. The Beatles were a big deal, but they haven't been a band for nearly half a century. I wasn't even alive when they were a band, and I was just a toddler when Lennon was killed. I never cared for their music, and never cared about the solo careers of the former members. In fact, I only can name one song by George Harrison, and it's only because Weird Al did a parody of it.

If that young gal's parents are anything like me, she was probably never exposed to the Beatles. She was born in the late 1990s... why would she know about a band her grandparents liked?

I don't know, I think it's feasible that she doesn't know. The Beatles were a big deal, but they haven't been a band for nearly half a century. I wasn't even alive when they were a band, and I was just a toddler when Lennon was killed. I never cared for their music, and never cared about the solo careers of the former members. In fact, I only can name one song by George Harrison, and it's only because Weird Al did a parody of it.

If that young gal's parents are anything like me, she was probably never exposed to the Beatles. She was born in the late 1990s... why would she know about a band her grandparents liked?
I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.
You make me feel so old.

.... uh, because she at some time in her life turned on a radio? I'm not crying foul that someone doesn't like the Beatles, it's just a bit bizarre to think that someone can be on this planet for 20 some years and have not heard of the Beatles. I've never been a fan of big band... but I know who Glen Miller is. Not a big fan of jazz but I sure have heard of Dizzy Gillespie and Duke Ellington. Like I said, ignorance is bliss.... but I think she's just not paying attention.

.... uh, because she at some time in her life turned on a radio? I'm not crying foul that someone doesn't like the Beatles, it's just a bit bizarre to think that someone can be on this planet for 20 some years and have not heard of the Beatles. I've never been a fan of big band... but I know who Glen Miller is. Not a big fan of jazz but I sure have heard of Dizzy Gillespie and Duke Ellington. Like I said, ignorance is bliss.... but I think she's just not paying attention.
I agree with you that she probably should have at least heard of the Beatles, but probably more as some bit of trivia. Radio? Kids don't use those! They stream music on channels tailored to their preferences! Hell, I'm not even sure which radio station in town plays stuff that old. ;) :Biggrin:

I agree with you that she probably should have at least heard of the Beatles, but probably more as some bit of trivia. Radio? Kids don't use those! They stream music on channels tailored to their preferences! Hell, I'm not even sure which radio station in town plays stuff that old. ;) :Biggrin:
Yup. Hip-Hop and Rap are all a lot of younger folk listen too. Hell, I'm old and the Beatles weren't even a band by the time I started to find music at about the age of 4 or 5.

I like a handful of their music, but I've never bought or owned any of their albums.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back