• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo Penguinis

You guys see a few posts by message board folks on the lone YSU forum there is and think "YtownChief" is the end be all with YSU fans... As I have stated before, I have friends in the conference and have my finger on the pulse of the MVC likely more than most on here... (save maybe huskonf4ever) and I know that folks around the conference are not of the opinion that Bo is in any danger of losing his job.

I absolutely expected them to have a winning record this year... nobody saw the fluke loss to Butler (it was like Nebraska nearly losing to McNeese bad). However I still believe that Bo will get YSU back into the playoffs next year... The NCAA is going to go the other way and take 4 or 5 (maybe even 6) from the MVC next year after they end up with a 3 of the 4 teams in the semis being from the MVC.

Bo had a rebuild team this year and I think his best coaching job is yet to come for the Penguins.

I think Bo's issue is still similar to what we saw at Nebraska... there is always a game or two that things just come completely off the rails, whether its to a team YSU should soundly beat like Butler, or giving one of the top teams a run like NDSU - who he obviously has had the chance to beat the last few years, but for one reason or another couldn't get it done (like his absolute sideline implosion a few years back).

If you don't pay attention to FCS, its really hard to explain how good the Valley really is. There's a reason why many teams in the Valley are beating or scaring the bloody hell out of P5 teams. Comparing it to the SEC isn't even a fair comp. To make the playoffs coming out of the Valley is a feat. There's a reason why UNI made it with about a .500 record. I don't disagree that YSU should make the playoffs but his recruiting needs to improve - another thorn in his side. Probably another reason why he should consider moving on from the HC gigs, and be an NFL DC... jmpo.

Red zone failures doom the UNI Panthers out in California as they lose to #6 seed Cal Davis 16-23

Meanwhile North Dakota St and South Dakota St both curb stomp their opponents... 52-10 over Montana St and 51-6 over Duquesne respectively. NDSU and SDSU look to be on a collision course in the Semis... I may try to go to the Jack's game this weekend up in Kennesaw.

MVC getting only 3 teams in seems more and more like a joke over the Colonial which got 6 teams in and only have 1 team left (Maine)... Feel for Indiana St and Illinois St right now... they might still be playing.

Last edited:

Red zone failures doom the UNI Panthers out in California as they lose to #6 seed Cal Davis 16-23

Meanwhile North Dakota St and South Dakota St both curb stomp their opponents... 52-10 over Montana St and 51-6 over Duquesne respectively. NDSU and SDSU look to be on a collision course in the Semis... I may try to go to the Jack's game this weekend up in Kennesaw.

MVC getting only 3 teams in seems more and more like a joke over the Colonial which got 6 teams in and only have 1 team left (Maine)... Feel for Indiana St and Illinois St right now... they might still be playing.

Bad time for UNI to have that type of game. With their D, I honestly thought semis were possible.

Colonial is a joke.

Be interesting how SDSU handles that Kennesaw offense. Just don't see that much, tough to prepare for in a week.

NDSU was up 38-3 at half... really weak performance by MSU. Shockingly bad.

Bad time for UNI to have that type of game. With their D, I honestly thought semis were possible.

Colonial is a joke.

Be interesting how SDSU handles that Kennesaw offense. Just don't see that much, tough to prepare for in a week.

NDSU was up 38-3 at half... really weak performance by MSU. Shockingly bad.
The weather in Atlanta is going to be miserable tomorrow... 39F, rain and with 20-25 mph gusts... Wet weather certainly does not favor the Kennesaw flex-bone and all the B back read and pulls that go along with it but I am not sure it helps the Jacks out much either.

Last edited:
The weather in Atlanta is going to be miserable tomorrow... 39F, rain and with 20-25 mph gusts... Wet weather certainly does favor the Kennesaw flex-bone and all the B back read and pulls that go along with it but I am not sure it helps the Jacks out much either.

The bunny foo-foos will struggle when Christion struggles. I would say he's probably the best QB I've seen in FCS, but he has so many brain farts and just 'what are you possibly thinking type throws' that it usually dooms the Wabbits. Their D also usually allows them to hang with anyone.

If its bad weather, that'll make it that much more interesting.

All I can say is I can't wait for NDSU to come back to Frisco this year. One of the most enjoyable weekends every year is when they flock to Dallas for the FCS Championship

Bo is not a good coach IMHO. He's an average coach. If he were still in the B1G he'd maybe be the 12th best coach of the 14. Maybe...

So far so good today... 35-0 on Colgate. I'll take that.

@Hotlanta Husker did you make it to Kennesaw?

I did not.. was awful weather and the wife did not get back from a kids birthday party until 2pm. I watched a little of both games though on the ESPN+ app... once again the MVC proving it is in a class by itself. I was really impressed with SDSU doing it without Krolikowski in the middle... The key to stopping that option starts in the middle and the Jacks were ready for a physically taxing game.

I will be excited to watch Friday nights game!

I did not.. was awful weather and the wife did not get back from a kids birthday party until 2pm. I watched a little of both games though on the ESPN+ app... once again the MVC proving it is in a class by itself. I was really impressed with SDSU doing it without Krolikowski in the middle... The key to stopping that option starts in the middle and the Jacks were ready for a physically taxing game.

I will be excited to watch Friday nights game!

Just found out a buddy got tickets to Friday nights game... so I'll get to be back in the FargoDome for the first time since college! Even more pumped for this game now!

Carl Pelini named DC and head coach in waiting.

Where is Bo going? I think we all agree it won't be as HC of any FBS team.

When is Bo going?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back