• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Noah Fant

Sipple just tweeted this:

"Noah Fant is better than anybody on Nebraska’s roster by a margin that makes me feel uncomfortable."

"Noah Fant is better than anybody on Nebraska’s roster by a margin that makes me feel uncomfortable."

Sipple is a simpleton. Now if he tweeted that Fant is better than any Tight End on Nebraska's roster I would agree with him.

I don't live in the omaha area but I did watch some of his hudl film (fant). At the time I was just pissed he was going to Iowa and didn't think much of him in relation to an entire recruiting class. Also didn't realize at the time how the recruitment was fubar'd. Had no idea how much of a beast he would turn into. Sadly, he made the right decision. I think most would agree that he would not have been used or seen his full potential with how things are going. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case for a lot of the kids we get. Full disclosure: I'm one of the dudes that backs us no matter what. I do think we will get there, but reality is hitting me in the face as far as the time table is going. Nowhere but up.

My coworker is family friends with the Fant's and she has known Noah since he was born. She said NU missed out early on and Iowa simply recruited him earlier and NU couldn't make up that ground later on. I know most people know this but I thought it was interesting to get that confirmation from such a close family friend. My GF's nephews also played (and play) for South High and Fant's dad coaches there. Their take is that Noah was impressed with Iowa earlier and simply thought he was a better fit there. I can't blame him one bit. Iowa uses their TE's more than any team in the country and they have a history for putting TE's in the league. Looking back Noah made the best decision for himself, maybe not how we'd like it to have gone, but you can't blame the kid.

Fant was a pre-season all-american. No one from Nebraska was. I say he is likely better than anyone on NU's roster. That is pretty "simple".

Actually no you would be technically incorrect in that statement Cardinal, Stanley Morgan Jr was also selected to the Preseason All-American team as well, albeit as a 2nd team selection at Wide Receiver., but a preseason All- American nonetheless.I also think Noah Fant is a great player, I take issue with the bolded in Sipples tweet, that comment by him is just Texas stupid, what does that even mean?! :O O:

Ummmm ... see Stanford.

During the Iowa-Wisconsin game the announcer said that Iowa ranks #1 in FBS for the ratio of TE's catches per overall team receptions. I'm not sure if that was just this season or last season, they didn't give any specifics. I haven't followed Stanford close enough but I trust you if you say they use their TE's a lot.

My coworker is family friends with the Fant's and she has known Noah since he was born. She said NU missed out early on and Iowa simply recruited him earlier and NU couldn't make up that ground later on. I know most people know this but I thought it was interesting to get that confirmation from such a close family friend. My GF's nephews also played (and play) for South High and Fant's dad coaches there. Their take is that Noah was impressed with Iowa earlier and simply thought he was a better fit there. I can't blame him one bit. Iowa uses their TE's more than any team in the country and they have a history for putting TE's in the league. Looking back Noah made the best decision for himself, maybe not how we'd like it to have gone, but you can't blame the kid.
That may be 100% true, but the 'Huskers never gave him any real love... and that is hardly a one-off... and that is why people are so rankled. He made the correct decision, and that hurts, too. I remember the first Iowa Nebraska game in my lifetime, and the Iowa fans were wringing their hands that they couldn't land Roger Craig and Jamie Williams, not to mention several others on the 'Husker Roster.

Last edited:

That may be 100% true, but the 'Huskers never gave him any real love... and that is hardly a one-off... and that is why people are so rankled. He made the correct decision, and that hurts, too. I remember the first Iowa Nebraska game in my lifetime, and the Iowa fans were wringing their hands that they couldn't land Roger Craig and Jamie Williams, not to mention several others on the 'Husker Roster.

I agree, we certainly missed out on Fant as we have on other local talents in the last decade (Harrison Phillips?). Fant is on pace to declare for the NFL as a Junior if he wants to. Would he have that chance had he committed to NU? No way. The kid was smart and I don't think anyone can begrudge him for his decision.

The kid is a damned good TE. Would have loved to have seen him in Scarlet & Cream instead of wearing Ditch Chicken colors.

People don't remember (or maybe aren't old enough to remember) Craig and Williams, or maybe even Alberts. It's gone back and forth. Larry Station is another Nebraska kid that would have looked really good in a Husker uniform.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back