• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some photos and player video comments from the annual Nebraska Football Road Race

Play the above video and pause it at the 6 second mark...Lil' All 'N' and I are in the matching black shirts. So thanks for posting this tweet.

My son said this was his favorite 5K that we have run together. He attacked the first part of the race faster than he ever has...averaged 7:27 mile pace through the first half of 5K. He hadn't trained for that pace, yet, and fell off that on the last half of the race. He still ran his 3rd fastest 5K.

Awesome event!! Hopefully, the race is on the right weekend again, so we can come to Lincoln and do it again. I'm also hoping that the practice we get invited to is on a weekend I have him, so we can do that together, too.

Gebbia has put some weight on...

Yes, he has. My son got a picture taken with him and one with Adrian Martinez, and he also had them both sign his racing bib. As has been pointed out by many, Martinez is bigger, but, whatever weight Gebbia has put on, he is solid.

My son keeps telling everyone that he got his picture taken with the starting QBs for Nebraska.

When Gebbia signed his bib, I had to go to the car and get the marker because one of the other players took Gebbia's. That meant that my son stayed by Gebbia and had a conversation with him.

As I was leaving to get the marker, I heard Gebbia ask him, "Do you play any sports?" Later, I asked my son to tell me what else he talked to Gebbia about. Apparently, it led to my son telling Gebbia that he would be starting 5th grade. Gebbia said, 'I have a sister starting 5th grade, too, but don't be getting any ideas." My son said, "Well, I live in Kansas, so she's too far away."

My son will not forget that conversation or interaction. I won't forget the smile on his face when Gebbia said, "See you later, Kyler. Have a good rest of your summer."

DiLNCw5UwAA-oFb.jpg
Damian Jackson was the first player to sign my son's little white football that they gave away, followed by Cameron Jurgens and then a whole bunch of other players. Each one just as genuine as the next.

That's my family right in the front, center. Cayden, our brain tumor survivor, is the young guy with the white t-shirt and big N on it. He and I spoke briefly to the crowd, right after the coaches said a few words. Really great to see all the players there, providing support and encouragement. Most of them ran either the 1 mile or the 5k.

Very nice and God Bless you all. :)

That's my family right in the front, center. Cayden, our brain tumor survivor, is the young guy with the white t-shirt and big N on it. He and I spoke briefly to the crowd, right after the coaches said a few words. Really great to see all the players there, providing support and encouragement. Most of them ran either the 1 mile or the 5k.
We were right up front and saw and heard you both. Cayden is a well spoken young man. We've been praying for him, you, your family, and all others in attendance yesterday.

Just came across a video where Adrian Martinez was mic'd up for KOLN/KGIN from the HuskerMax home page. At the 1:00 mark, Martinez is using my son's back to sign a shirt.

Here's the link...
Martinez Mic'd Up

Nice catch! So your son probably changed from his black shirt to the red jersey after the race, eh? And he gets to tell his buds "I was a table for Adrian Martinez!" :thumbsup:

Nice catch! So your son probably changed from his black shirt to the red jersey after the race, eh? And he gets to tell his buds "I was a table for Adrian Martinez!" :thumbsup:
Yeah, after we saw that, he made me take a pic of the computer screen so he could show everyone that he was a table for Adrian. That's exactly what he said.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back