• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In-state 4* ILB Nick Henrich unofficial on Monday, 6/18

I believe Fant's lead recruiter was Hank Hughes. Hard to believe we lost out on him.
tenor.gif

I might be wrong on this, but wasn't Fant a class of 16 guy? Pelini was fired at the end of 14. Giving Riley all of 15 to recruit Fant. I think it was Riley who wanted him as a DE.

I guess I wrong on the Fant thing, I just remember it being a complete clustertexas, on BP and Riley's end. When you got that kind of an athlete that is in your state you don't him haw around about it. Offer him and let the chips fall. I know NU was late offering him.

I guess I wrong on the Fant thing, I just remember it being a complete clustertexas, on BP and Riley's end. When you got that kind of an athlete that is in your state you don't him haw around about it. Offer him and let the chips fall. I know NU was late offering him.

Pelini's staff would have established (or failed to establish) the initial relationship when Fant was in his Sophomore and Junior years of high school. It was the Riley staff's deal to close though, and they didn't.

I remember that...one of my favorite quotes was shortly after this scene:

"Alright, listen up, ladies and gentlemen, our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him."
--Deputy Marshall Samuel Gerard

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back