• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Royals

KC lost again last night and once again it was because the bullpen gave up a lead.

The Royals are 3-9 but it looks worse than it is right now imo. 5 of the losses were close and most of the games were in brutally cold weather(both teams had to play in it I know).

The starting pitching has mostly been really solid and a case could be made that Duffy has been the biggest disappointment so far.

The hitting has sucked, no doubt about it but hopefully with warmer weather comes hotter bats.

The relief pitching was supposed to be our biggest weakness and its many times worse than we expected. Herrera is the only guy that has been a pleasant surprise so far.

Trying to stay positive. My expectations weren't high but if things don't turn around, they are not going to be close to being met.

It's still early. A few guys get hot at the plate and the bullpen figures it out and you never know.

Of course if they continue at the current clip, even my less than stellar read on the 2018 Royals will not be met.

Double header scheduled today in Toronto. If ever a city was going to be swallowed up by the earth it would be Toronto today with the luck the Royals are having getting games in this year so far.

Royals lose both games of the double header. This team is dreadful right now.:Cautious:

Good gawd the Royals suck. Getting worked over again by the Blue Jays, 11-5 in the 8th.

Official KC Royals reddit page photo right now:

7a197f02-047c-4c43-8466-0e14f981566b.png

Still better than Nebraska baseball though.

Royals no hit through five innings and then score 5 runs in the 6th. Including a grand slam by Almonte and $25K for a fan.

KC leads 5-2. Can the bullpen hold on? Sad but valid question.

And the KC bullpen didn't waste any time surrendering 3 runs in the bottom of the 6th. Skoglund didn't help walking two to start the inning.

Game tied 5-5 going to the 7th.

Moose hits a 3-run HR to put the Royals back up 8-5. His 6th of the season and Moose now has a 14 game hitting streak.

KC did hold on to win today. Now 5-15 on the season.

My interest has switched over to the Phillies, who swept the Pirates in a 4-game series, and are now 11-2 in their last 13 games. Philadelphia has the 5th best record in the majors currently.

i remember last season commenting how I liked seeing the Phillies finally in full rebuild mode. Lots of great, young talent, but young. I still doubt they'll keep anything close to their current pace up, but they may very well be ahead of schedule. Rhys Hoskins is an absolute stud. And the pitching staff is solid (5th in the majors/2nd in the NL in team ERA).

I look forward to seeing the Royals in rebuild mode in a season or two. There's just no need to hang on to expensive, veteran players for a team that is going nowhere.

KC did hold on to win today. Now 5-15 on the season.

My interest has switched over to the Phillies, who swept the Pirates in a 4-game series, and are now 11-2 in their last 13 games. Philadelphia has the 5th best record in the majors currently.

i remember last season commenting how I liked seeing the Phillies finally in full rebuild mode. Lots of great, young talent, but young. I still doubt they'll keep anything close to their current pace up, but they may very well be ahead of schedule. Rhys Hoskins is an absolute stud. And the pitching staff is solid (5th in the majors/2nd in the NL in team ERA).

I look forward to seeing the Royals in rebuild mode in a season or two. There's just no need to hang on to expensive, veteran players for a team that is going nowhere.
Agree, although Moustakas was the main guy they ended up keeping and he is a bargain this year. Gordon is the huge contract killing the team.

I think the Phillies and Braves have both set themselves up as being major players in the years to come in the national league. Add the Padres as well although they are behind the other two.

Last edited:

Agree, although Moustakas was the main guy they ended up keeping and he is a bargain this year. Gordon is the huge contract killing the team.

I think the Phillies and Braves have both set themselves up as being major players in the years to come in the national league. Add the Padres as well although they are behind the other two.

Definitely Gordon haunting this team. And we knew this a year or two ago. It sucks, because he should have gone down as one of the all-time great Royals. And with time, he still probably will. And it's not Alex's "fault" he's still around and getting paid handsomely.

I have to imagine the Royals will trade Herrera mid-season. He's having a great season, and there should be solid value for him.

Definitely Gordon haunting this team. And we knew this a year or two ago. It sucks, because he should have gone down as one of the all-time great Royals. And with time, he still probably will. And it's not Alex's "fault" he's still around and getting paid handsomely.

I have to imagine the Royals will trade Herrera mid-season. He's having a great season, and there should be solid value for him.
Agree about Herrera and Moose will join him. Possibly some veteran starters as well, although Duffy has struggled. Kennedy and Hammel have been surprisingly solid so far but I don't expect it to continue.

I really don't want to lose Merrifield but that might happen as well.

My fear at this point is we're talking full on fire sale any the All Star break and another 5-7 year rebuilding project. I don't really even see flashes that make me think this team will snap out of it and find a way to get back into the Central hunt with a middling Indians team leading the pack.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back