• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

I went out on a huge branch that most likely won't break, but you didn't even climb the tree!

True.

As I said, I didn't want to due to my bias. Though I did give a thorough analysis (even if non-committal).

But ... if you really want my picks ...

I'd take both Jacksonville and Philadelphia with the point spread.

Straight up, I'll take New England and Philadelphia.

Vikes/Jags Super Bowl.

It doesn't matter who wins because with those two teams...everyone wins.;)

Vikes/Jags Super Bowl.

It doesn't matter who wins because with those two teams...everyone wins.;)
I gotta tell ya, that would be cool as hell. I am rooting for the Jags all the way, but, like you said, everyone wins with that match up, except the damn Pats fans....LOL!!!

I gotta tell ya, that would be cool as hell. I am rooting for the Jags all the way, but, like you said, everyone wins with that match up, except the damn Pats fans....LOL!!!
Outside of my Cowboys, which haven't been a SB threat for a couple of decades, I tend to root for new teams to win a Super Bowl. Obviously the Eagles will never apply because holding no SB wins over their bitter fans is far too much fun. (HWM excluded of course:))

Outside of my Cowboys, which haven't been a SB threat for a couple of decades, I tend to root for new teams to win a Super Bowl. Obviously the Eagles will never apply because holding no SB wins over their bitter fans is far too much fun. (HWM excluded of course:))

:)

Let's say it's New England vs Philly in the Super Bowl. Would you have a preferred winner -- even if not rooting for either?

:)

Let's say it's New England vs Philly in the Super Bowl. Would you have a preferred winner -- even if not rooting for either?
I have actually thought about this. Its tough because I absolutely hate the run of excellence NE is on but in the end, my animosity against many Eagles fans probably wins out. NE/Philly would be the worst SB ever for me.

Bottles I think is going to come down to earth. JMO Go Texans.

Bortles may very well come down to earth this weekend. But I think his improvement this season was largely due to a surrounding cast that has limited his weaknesses.

Up until this season, Jacksonville's success was largely based on Bortles. But now, they have a great running game to take pressure off of him -- as well as an outstanding defense that prevents the other teams from getting leads in games large enough where Bortles needs to dig them out of the hole.

He is doing a great job of knowing when to take off when the defense backs are turning their backs.

Will be interesting to see Brady's status and playing shape (should he play).

New England is the worst (best) at keeping injuries under-wrap. The line dropped from NE -9 to -7.5 with the news of Brady's injured hand. Apparently if he doesn't play, it will be NE -3 immediately (and move from there).

I have to imagine he'll play. Unsure how effective he'll be. If he's struggling at all, Jacksonville could eat them alive. Wouldn't that be something if the Patriots had to rely on a backup -- and their very fine backup option was traded to SF?!

Last edited:

Vikings fans in northern Minnesota got together this week to do the "Skol!" chant, with Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox looking on.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back