• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

One Last Time

Titleist

Recruit
I thought today about the senior class of this football team. They've experienced more ups and downs than most athletes do in a 4 year period. 2 different coaches. Death of a teammate. Frustration. Elation. It's all there. Their resilience as football players and as individuals, is truly remarkable and representative of things that are more important and more lasting, than simple results on the field of play. Thank you for the manner in which you've represented yourselves and the state, through some very tough times. I have buddies from other states and programs that stand in admiration of how this program conducted itself through the dark days surrounding the passing of Sam Foltz, and many of them have cheered for the Huskers from afar. Husker Nation is strong, and our resolve, dedication, and support continues to be respected and admired, even at these low points in our history.

I've been a firm believer since day 1 that Riley was just not the caliber of coach that Nebraska deserves or needs. I respect the character and integrity of Mike Riley and I rooted for him to succeed. It's kind of like the POTUS. Regardless of political party or leanings, I always root for the POTUS to do well, because that means I benefit, and America benefits. Same with the head coach at Nebraska. I NEVER want them to fail. That said, Riley just isn't good enough for Nebraska and probably isn't good enough for most of the Power 5 schools. I thank him for his effort and his time and for keeping the program clean and positive.

I go into this game on Friday confident that we can win. I think the team is going to rally behind their coach, given the elephant in the room. I hope we as fans will show up in strength, numbers, and decibel level, and send this team and coach off with a victory, and give them an environment that they will remember the rest of their lives. I appreciate the seniors, some of whom never even played a down at their listed position. Thank you guys for your contributions. Despite the "noise" from the fan base regarding coaching changes and frustrations with results, we still hold you in high regard. You represent us more than any other college football program represents their fan base. Thank you for your time here and I wish you the greatest success in all your future endeavors.

Let's all band together one last time this year, for 3 hours on Friday, setting aside the swirling news and rumors, and will this football team to a victory. "We all stick together in all kinds of weather, FOR dear old Nebraska U!"

Go HUSKERS, BEAT iowa!

Last edited:

Let's all band together one last time this year, for 3 hours on Friday, setting aside the swirling news and rumors, and will this football team to a victory. "We all stick together in all kinds of weather, FOR dear old Nebraska U!"

Post of the week. Thanks, Titleist. Spot on!

I will be there, cheering them on, ---------as always.

Last edited:
I thought today about the senior class of this football team. They've experienced more ups and downs than most athletes do in a 4 year period. 2 different coaches. Death of a teammate. Frustration. Elation. It's all there. Their resilience as football players and as individuals, is truly remarkable and representative of things that are more important and more lasting, than simple results on the field of play. Thank you for the manner in which you've represented yourselves and the state, through some very tough times. I have buddies from other states and programs that stand in admiration of how this program conducted itself through the dark days surrounding the passing of Sam Foltz, and many of them have cheered for the Huskers from afar. Husker Nation is strong, and our resolve, dedication, and support continues to be respected and admired, even at these low points in our history.

I've been a firm believer since day 1 that Riley was just not the caliber of coach that Nebraska deserves or needs. I respect the character and integrity of Mike Riley and I rooted for him to succeed. It's kind of like the POTUS. Regardless of political party or leanings, I always root for the POTUS to do well, because that means I benefit, and America benefits. Same with the head coach at Nebraska. I NEVER want them to fail. That said, Riley just isn't good enough for Nebraska and probably isn't good enough for most of the Power 5 schools. I thank him for his effort and his time and for keeping the program clean and positive.

I go into this game on Friday confident that we can win. I think the team is going to rally behind their coach, given the elephant in the room. I hope we as fans will show up in strength, numbers, and decibel level, and send this team and coach off with a victory, and give them an environment that they will remember the rest of their lives. I appreciate the seniors, some of whom never even played a down at their listed position. Thank you guys for your contributions. Despite the "noise" from the fan base regarding coaching changes and frustrations with results, we still hold you in high regard. You represent us more than any other college football program represents their fan base. Thank you for your time here and I wish you the greatest success in all your future endeavors.

Go HUSKERS, BEAT iowa!
Great post.Thanks for posting.Good stuff.Lets win our last game of the season.GBR.

Go HUSKERS, BEAT iowa!
Well said! GBR!!!

Nice post. These seniors have been through a lot, many more lows than highs. Hope they can pull one out tomorrow to go out winners.

upload_2017-11-23_16-53-27.jpeg

And, something the ole skunkmeister himself, the Skunkman can relate too...

cneb1659_1024ff_1024x1024.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back