• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska baseball lands HUGE 2019 commit

I will be surprised if the kid is drafted after watching him hit.

He's not strong enough yet.

Last edited:

We can't.
Our 2018 class may give us a chance. The arms we are bringing in if we can score 2 or 3 a game on the weekend, we are winning 40. Gomes hit 95 mph this summer, lefty's Perry and Feekin, we have a kid coming up from Texas that hit 93 mph. Erstad did a hell of a job and we just may pull it off. Hammitt out of Missouri picked us over SEC schools and is a beast.

Last edited:

Our 2018 class may give us a chance. The arms we are bringing in if we can score 2 or 3 a game on the weekend, we are winning 40. Gomes hit 95 mph this summer, lefty's Perry and Feekin, we have a kid coming up from Texas that hit 93 mph. Erstad did a hell of a job and we just may pull it off. Hammitt out of Missouri picked us over SEC schools and is a beast.
Now, the next question is, will they make it to campus.

Now, the next question is, will they make it to campus.
I would say Gomes may go pro which brings up again the biggest debate for Husker baseball. Do we let the best prospect in the state sign with an SEC team because they can sign him AND sign a backup plan with his percentage in case he goes pro? If we give him 50% or whatever, if he goes pro, his percentage is used for the 2018 team even if he doesn't make it to campus. Erstad was passing on those guys early in his career (see the kid from Millard West that signed with Arkansas but went pro). People thought Erstad was just "trying to get the local discount" when in fact he was trying to protect himself from being too tied to one player.

Dumbest. Rule. Ever. B1G needs to fix that since no other conference has to do that.

Last edited:
I understand the rule, but I do not understand the reason for this rule. I would think that teams would be working to get this changed. I do not see what purpose it serves.

We can't.
:Bananalazy:

tenor.gif

I understand the rule, but I do not understand the reason for this rule. I would think that teams would be working to get this changed. I do not see what purpose it serves.
With the B1G being an academic concdfence, they prevent you from giving scholarship money promised to another student-athlete is essentially where it comes from. SEC, ACC, Pac12, they all just make you be at your number by the season. We have to be at our number on signing day. Arizona State signed 27 guys one year.

I was wondering how that went down. A lot of times they have several draft picks, but they are still over their number when fall semester starts.

I went on a recruiting trip to Indian HIlls Community College one fall when back in the day. My dad and I watched practice and they had easily 100 dudes there. One of the other parents told us their gig. I've paid attention to that since then and its a pretty common practice.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back