• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

At which point since Solich....

I felt pretty good at various points of Pelini's tenure, even as late as 2014. Abdullah was getting quite a bit of early praise and Armstrong was having a very good second season, his first as the full time starter. We were 8-1, ranked 11th in the country, and were a dropped pass in the end zone (vs Michigan State) away being undefeated. 7 of our 8 wins were by double digits (McNeese, ugh). We were up 17-3 in the second quarter in Madison.

15 days later our coach was fired.

I definitely wasn't feeling the best at that point, but I still had hope. Then Melvin Gordon ran for over 400 yards in three quarters...
:Puke:

Up until the Texas game in 2010. We finished 2009 on a super high note, in spite of getting robbed in the B12 championship... we then proceeded to throttle our first 5 teams in 2010. Then everything spiraled against Texas and we got completely robbed against A&M. Hasn't felt like we've been that "close" since
I'd argue Missouri of that year. THats when the phenom Martinez went from Heisman front runner, to just another dude. He was never the same player after that injury.

I felt pretty good at various points of Pelini's tenure, even as late as 2014. Abdullah was getting quite a bit of early praise and Armstrong was having a very good second season, his first as the full time starter. We were 8-1, ranked 11th in the country, and were a dropped pass in the end zone (vs Michigan State) away being undefeated. 7 of our 8 wins were by double digits (McNeese, ugh). We were up 17-3 in the second quarter in Madison.

15 days later our coach was fired.

Thanks for the gut punch, Thill. Thanks a lot.

After the 2009 domination of Arizona in the Holiday Bowl, I thought the Huskers were on their way to being a great team once again. But then our 'defensive guru' head coach got figured out and didn't know how to adjust to teams and we couldn't handle good teams any longer.

After the 2009 domination of Arizona in the Holiday Bowl, I thought the Huskers were on their way to being a great team once again. But then our 'defensive guru' head coach got figured out and didn't know how to adjust to teams and we couldn't handle good teams any longer.

And all it took was underneath crossing routes.

Suh's senior season. I felt like the defense had come around and we were on the verge of something special. Turns out Suh was what was special and he then graduated.

When we shut out Arizona in the 2010 bowl. At that time Bo said Nebraska is back and I believed him.

That was my initial thought as well. December 30, 2009. It was the game where every facet came together. Nebraska dominated Arizona. Suh's last game. Bo suggested we'd be as good or better in the future without Suh. Obviously, that wasn't the case. Suh was so good, he could turn almost any team into a title contender.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back