• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A NC coach, Hall of Famer & All Pro WR walk into a bar...

Well I guess we could always see if there are any public remarks from these fathers for why they wanted their sons to play for MR> I'm sure you reasons were a big part of it. However, I think it's naive to think they didn't also want there sons to have the experience of being on a team that would be playing for conference championships if not NCs too.
Every parent would love to see their kid play for championships, and yet teams like Rutgers continue to get players to attend.

A high school Athlete of the Year, a college Athlete of the Year, a college Hall of Famer, a former NFL receiver, a Congressman, an athletic director, and a multiple time national championship winning coach walk into a bar...

They're all named Tom Osborne, and they supported hundreds of young men choosing to play for Frank Solich and Bo Pelini.

And none of it means anything, really.

I can't figure out how this post fits into the thread, other than sour grapes?

C

Come on, we all know that the only reason any of the three examples you mention in the OP came to Lincoln is that they wanted to be HUSKERS!

and decide where to send their sons to play college football...who to have coach them.

I'm taking the thoroughly thought through opinion of our HC & staff from the deep knowledgeable men of Les Miles, Curt Warner and Keyshawn Johnson over a bunch of arm chair QBs and Larry the Cable Guy. Just saying...

No disrespect the LTCG.

Agreed. I like Larry the Cable Guy, and I appreciate his support of the University and its football program, but I am a little annoyed that he thinks that he is the spokesman for Husker Nation.

and decide where to send their sons to play college football...who to have coach them.

I'm taking the thoroughly thought through opinion of our HC & staff from the deep knowledgeable men of Les Miles, Curt Warner and Keyshawn Johnson over a bunch of arm chair QBs and Larry the Cable Guy. Just saying...

No disrespect the LTCG.
A very good and insightful post. I was thinking the same thing when we were getting these players, and i think this would continue going forward. But patience isnt a virtue for a lot of people. Just hire a new coach fixes everything. I've seen how thats been working
Changing culture and building a good program that our state would be proud of takes time, and patience. I'll be rooting for our head coach, assistants, and players to turn this around as fast as they can. As for Larry the cable guy.( MEH.)if he cant root for a team that isnt contending for N.C. bummer. GBR!!!

How many legacy Huskers came to play for Solich? Pelini? Do you think those guys should have been retained because they had dads that were successful in football?

Your premise is terrible.
Other than the 2 guys whose dad was a coach on BP staff who?

Every parent would love to see their kid play for championships, and yet teams like Rutgers continue to get players to attend.

That would mean no contenders would take Warner as a WALK ON. I highly doubt that is true. You're going all out to try to minimize these 3 guys from sending their kids to play for MR. KJ because he's legacy...?? Ok...but he was a 4 star with offers from many top programs. You'd have to ignore that for your conspiracy to make sense. What's your conspiracy theory on Miles going to NU?

That would mean no contenders would take Warner as a WALK ON. I highly doubt that is true. You're going all out to try to minimize these 3 guys from sending their kids to play for MR. KJ because he's legacy...?? Ok...but he was a 4 star with offers from many top programs. You'd have to ignore that for your conspiracy to make sense. What's your conspiracy theory on Miles going to NU?

There's no conspiracy theory. There are 100 different reasons why a player would choose to go to school somewhere. These 3 deciding to go to Nebraska doesn't automatically mean that Mike Riley is a great coach, nor does it mean he's a bad coach. It just means that these 3 decided to go to Nebraska.

No disrespect the LTCG.

Are you sure they wanted their kids at NU just because of HCMR or maybe the overall atmosphere and education they will get there?

No disrespect the LTCG.

Are you sure they wanted their kids at NU just because of HCMR or maybe the overall atmosphere and education they will get there?

No disrespect the LTCG.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back