• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

Royals lose big...Twins win big. KC down 5.5 games with 7 to play. Its all but officially over. Play the guys we have question marks about and see how the offseason shakes out.

Go Rockies!!!

It all comes to a close today with a stinker to end a disappointing last couple of seasons. Bittersweet, to be sure, but what a great run to deliver, first, hope to a hungry and loyal fan base and, then, the 2015 World Series title. Will be brutal to see some of these monuments of the last few years sporting other colors (some violently despised) in 2018 and beyond, but a toast to what was achieved and terrific success to each in ALL of their futures. Thanks Hoz, Moose, LoCain, and Esky! Here's hoping some of you might be back (not likely), but we'll look optimistically to the next chapter and excitement ahead for the Royals. Let's just not wait 30 years!

Last edited:

So who should Moore prioritize in signing? I'm pretty much of the opinion that Esky isn't worth it, and Hosmer will price himself out, so that leaves Cain and Moose. I'm arguing with a friend between the two, but I'm in the Cain corner. Mostly because he'll sign for less and his production has been much more consistent. And before age is thrown out there, Cain is only 2 years older than Moose, and to me, that's not a huge difference, considering Cain can slide into right when his speed takes a hit.

So who should Moore prioritize in signing? I'm pretty much of the opinion that Esky isn't worth it, and Hosmer will price himself out, so that leaves Cain and Moose. I'm arguing with a friend between the two, but I'm in the Cain corner. Mostly because he'll sign for less and his production has been much more consistent. And before age is thrown out there, Cain is only 2 years older than Moose, and to me, that's not a huge difference, considering Cain can slide into right when his speed takes a hit.
Makes sense, There was talk that they were going to put up a huge contact for Hosmer only. Not sure that makes sense. It might be best to let them all walk and dive head first into a rebuild rather than try and keep a little but still be lacking enough to make a real run at the playoffs. It all comes down to how much confidence the organization has in our players outside of the big 4 free agents.

Escobar is tough to lose because he was the second best hitter in the American League after July(or some date similar) and his projected replacement hasn't shown the ability to hit at the MLB level. Flukey is possible here though.

Hosmer and Moose are tough to lose because they have kinda become the face of the Royals but we can't have them both.

Cain is tough because like you said, he is the most consistent player and the easiest to sign for less compared to production.

Its going to be interesting.

Makes sense, There was talk that they were going to put up a huge contact for Hosmer only. Not sure that makes sense. It might be best to let them all walk and dive head first into a rebuild rather than try and keep a little but still be lacking enough to make a real run at the playoffs. It all comes down to how much confidence the organization has in our players outside of the big 4 free agents.

Escobar is tough to lose because he was the second best hitter in the American League after July(or some date similar) and his projected replacement hasn't shown the ability to hit at the MLB level. Flukey is possible here though.

Hosmer and Moose are tough to lose because they have kinda become the face of the Royals but we can't have them both.

Cain is tough because like you said, he is the most consistent player and the easiest to sign for less compared to production.

Its going to be interesting.

That's why I'm glad I'm not Dayton Moore, but he's in a no-lose situation right now. I was leaning towards complete rebuild, but if one of those guys can be resigned to a club-friendly contract, I think you have to do it.

I don't think there's a wrong move to be made, and I'll gladly take signing any of those big 4 FA's. I'll be least happy with Esky, because his hitting has never been great and his defense will trend down over the course of his contract, but I'll still be glad to have him back.

The only issue I have with trying to resign Hosmer is putting KC in a situation like Philly was with Ryan Howard. People bitch and moan about the Gordon contract, but going all in on Hosmer, and Hosmer under performing would create a mess that would take a long time to fix. I don't think that happens with Hosmer, but that's the gamble you can take.

That's why I'm glad I'm not Dayton Moore, but he's in a no-lose situation right now. I was leaning towards complete rebuild, but if one of those guys can be resigned to a club-friendly contract, I think you have to do it.

I don't think there's a wrong move to be made, and I'll gladly take signing any of those big 4 FA's. I'll be least happy with Esky, because his hitting has never been great and his defense will trend down over the course of his contract, but I'll still be glad to have him back.

The only issue I have with trying to resign Hosmer is putting KC in a situation like Philly was with Ryan Howard. People bitch and moan about the Gordon contract, but going all in on Hosmer, and Hosmer under performing would create a mess that would take a long time to fix. I don't think that happens with Hosmer, but that's the gamble you can take.
Agree. I love Hosmer but it would make no sense to sign him to a huge contact and have to use rookies or marginal free agents to play around him. If we could get Cain back and then go after some good free agents to fill in the gaps, we would be better off. Gotta start rebuilding that farm as well.

On top of all this, the Braves GM has resigned so now we may have to throw GM into the mix if Atlanta makes a run at bringing Dayton Moore back.

On top of all this, the Braves GM has resigned so now we may have to throw GM into the mix if Atlanta makes a run at bringing Dayton Moore back.

tumblr_lmsczrlTgJ1qludboo1_500.gif

That Sunday game was beautifully done by the Royals and the fans. What a great way to send most of the “core” off into the sunset. (And hopefully not to the Cardinals or the Red Sox.) Ned taking the four of them out at once was absolutely perfect, and the tribute video at the end was just great. Really powerful stuff.

On to the future...wow, what a different bunch of guys this will be next year. Votes for next pitching coach? Sad to see Eiland go with all that he’s done over the past six years, but that’s the business, unfortunately. He’ll get picked up pretty quickly, I bet.

44F3F353-498E-4220-B1C0-11F0588E977D.jpeg
Picked this up at team store today, 30% off (so basically back to regular price, ha!). Now I can show my Royals and Huskers love at Memorial Stadium.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back