• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread '16-'17

Its pretty dumb to think that all things good for CU is bad for NU...and vice versa.

Agreed. I like college basketball. So I'll always cheer for Nebraska, Creighton, and UNO to have success. At the end of the day, Nebraska will always be the top priority for me though.

Agreed. I like college basketball. So I'll always cheer for Nebraska, Creighton, and UNO to have success. At the end of the day, Nebraska will always be the top priority for me though.

I'm the same...just substitute CU for NU in your last part due to the fact that I've been going to games since the Apke years. There are fairly rare instances where CU and NU are recruiting the same guy but other than that there's really no benefit to one with the other sucking. The more popular basketball gets in Nebraska the better for both IMO.

UNO, if they stay in the summit league, is the team that could benefit most from Local/Nebraska basketball talent. There is enough in this state to make them very competitive in that league. May still be the case even if they move to the Valley because with CU and Wichita gone now that league isn't much better than the summit.

Of course, much different than the Dana Altman deal with Arkansas where he took the job and changed his mind. I don't think this is going to cause any hard feelings at all between the fan base, alums, admin, etc. and Mac. Altman actively sought other jobs. This appears to be a case where Smith pursued Mac. You can't blame Mac for at least listening.

I've also seem a couple people on another board say this could hurt recruiting because it could be seen as instability. I see it the other way. He can now say "I'm all in at CU...OSU offered me the job and I said no because x, y and z" Not a bad sales pitch.

Creighton picked up New Mexico transfer Damien Jefferson today. 6'5 Sophomore guard. He'll have three years of eligibility after red shirting this upcoming season.

Creighton is now at 12 scholarships with the addition of Jefferson. Doesn't look like they'll have any room for Gresham and Jarreau if they're even still interested.

Last edited:
Congrats to Justin Patton on gerting drafted 16th. Some projections i saw had him in the mid 20s. As it turns out he probably did the right thing as much as i would have liked to have seen him play for another year.

update on recruiting...cu picks up a PG commit from Marcus Zegarowski (espn #96). this goes along with PF Ian Steere (247 #86) and SF Christian Bishop (247 #94). This pushed the 2018 class to #10 on 247. sounds lile they may be done for 2018 so that #10 will drop being a 3 man class.

the 2017 class (also 3 man) ranked 24 on 247...#s 76, 92 and 114.

Pretty solid 2 year run there.

I'm not real high on the 2017/2018 team yet. i think the lack of a real true center will hurt. The syracuse PG transfer needs to be the real deal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back