• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Report: Ex-UM Star Peppers Had Diluted Urine Sample

Florida Husker

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...-star-peppers-diluted-urine-sample/100850112/

“Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance.”

The article said that he was a high character guy and likely won't affect his draft status.

https://www.landof10.com/michigan/jabrill-peppers-diluted-sample-drug-test-danny-kanell

“I cannot understand how guys can be this dumb where they can’t stay out of trouble in the most important job interview of your life,” Kanell said. “You know exactly when the combine is going to be. All you have to do is stop smoking leading up to it for a month, two months.

“They’re going to be in the program for the NFL, which makes your life miserable. It’s entirely easy to go through the NFL, you can smoke all the weed you want as long as you’re smart about it. But if you’re dumb, you’re going to get busted, you’re going suspended games and possibly even seasons.”

I'm not ready to judge Peppers based on the information/data available in this article. I'm sure this will put him on the radar with the NFL and he will be subjected to much more rigorous testing in the future. Guys like 'Randy' Gregory just try to flaunt their use and it comes back to haunt them. I'm definitely not anti-weed, but if you're a GM and expecting the highest performance from your investments, it isn't beyond the scope of reality that you'd want them to be free of substances that could negatively impact their performance.

A simple blood test or hair sample can determine if he is clean or not. These are better tests any way compared to a urine test. Even saliva testing is being explored in some instances.

A dilute sample does not mean he tested positive. Big difference.

But in today's business world it is considered a positive test even if it is something easily explained such as Peppers situation.

C

From what I gathered this morning on ESPN, more people than not who have a diluted sample later test positive for something. Golic also laid out how much information these guys are given about how much water will dilute a sample, how much you can drink, etc. The quotes in the OP mention amounts that Peppers and his people would have been warned about. That said, I think if he's clean for a year, he's out of the program.

A simple blood test or hair sample can determine if he is clean or not. These are better tests any way compared to a urine test. Even saliva testing is being explored in some instances.

I think they have to collectively bargain those tests, which the union has said it adamantly opposes as a violation of privacy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back