• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Life's a beach.

Good way to help the ladies hone their skills against top flight competition, and they get to be in Hawai'i.

#7 Arizona 3 NU 2
#1 USC 5 NU 0
#5 Hawaii 5 NU 0

I am sure Coach Cook wants the team to win as many beach volleyball matches as possible. However, there are so many other benefits the beach volleyball season brings to the team in preparation for the fall...

1. Beach volleyball can be used as a recruiting tool which could be a
difference maker in getting certain recruits to sign with Nebraska.
2. Players continue to sharpen their actual volleyball skills but in a different way.
3. Great change of pace mentally from the indoor game to the outdoor game. Almost a mental break for the players and coaches. Prevent burnout etc...
4. Continues to build team continuity between the players and build that same continuity with the coaching staff.
5. Training in the sand can be more physically demanding on the student athlete than on the actual indoor court.

These are just a few quick things I thought of...I am sure there are more benefits.

Now my question to Coach Cook would be...When is Nebraska going to have beach volleyball matches in the actual Devaney Center? I think the Husker Nation crowd could have an influence on some of the matches. Could you imagine 8,000 fans at an indoor beach volleyball match? :nod: Reduce the match day tickets to only $10 a seat and the place would be filled. Coach Cook is always wanting to have more students attend the matches. Have a court side section just for the UNL students at only $5 a person. Maybe the side under the suites. The Athletic Department would love it because of the revenue generated. Open up the rest of the tickets to anyone in the general public...not just season ticket holders. Of course it would be unique and it would help the NCAA actually grow the sport in another part of the country. Oh the possibilities.

I can see this happening but only in Nebraska!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back