• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

Matuska.

Nice little craft brewery in Czechoslovakia. Very tough to find one of their beers. But keep the name in mind should you ever run across one of their offerings. If you find his Stout, buy as much as you can.
Any chance they sell it in America? I'd be interested in trying the Raptor IPA.

raptor.png

Any chance they sell it in America? I'd be interested in trying the Raptor IPA.

raptor.png
I've seen them on 2 occasions in very limited supplies in Atlanta. Haven't seen them in Omaha yet.

His stout is probably the best beer I've ever enjoyed. If I knew I might never see it again, I would have bought out the entire inventory.

IMG_0273.JPG This is what I had last night on my Korean Air flight, it was all they had so I guess it was ok.

Last edited:

I would recommend a road trip to little Decorah, Iowa for a sampling of some world class brews (seriously, they have one global testing awards).

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-brewery-considered-one-worlds-best/79295196/

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/03/19-questions-for-toppling-goliath.html

And, please don't hold the Hawkeye sweatshirt in the second article against the quality of the brew.
I had never heard of these guys, so thanks for posting this. I will look for them, and ask my local stores if they have any of this beer. Sounds very promising for a beer connoisseur.

I had never heard of these guys, so thanks for posting this. I will look for them, and ask my local stores if they have any of this beer. Sounds very promising for a beer connoisseur.

Distribution is pretty narrow. They have a locator on their website, mostly Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and just announced an Illinois expansion.
http://www.tgbrews.com/index.html#locate

Council Bluffs Hy-Vee is shown as a location if you are back for a game someday.

This was the line at their tasting room last weekend for a special double release for both Assassin Imperial Stout and the coveted Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout. Sounds like they sold only 1,000 randomly selected tickets for this release.

16113886_10100243274578183_1232946354816479863_n.jpg

This was the line at their tasting room last weekend for a special double release for both Assassin Imperial Stout and the coveted Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout. Sounds like they sold only 1,000 randomly selected tickets for this release.

16113886_10100243274578183_1232946354816479863_n.jpg
The Gnomes sign is funny. I will try to find out if they have any intentions or ability to ship their beers to Nevada or Northern California any time soon.

The Gnomes sign is funny. I will try to find out if they have any intentions or ability to ship their beers to Nevada or Northern California any time soon.

It is a highly Norwegian community and is my college town. Used to live about 3 blocks from the TG tasting room; good thing it didn't exist while I lived there.

My favorite beer so far this year has just been the Leinenkugel Bavarian Dunkel. Solid beer.

My favorite beer so far this year has just been the Leinenkugel Bavarian Dunkel. Solid beer.
They sell Leinenkugel here, but I've never seen that particular style. I'll have to ask about it next time I hit the BevMo or the other local joint.

USA-Photo-6-pack-Profile.png
Just bought a six pack of this highly drinkable Ale. It tips the scale at 9.6% but is actually really smooth. It retailed for $12.99 but was on sale for $8.99 and now, I wish I would have bought 2 six packs of this really tasty brew. It's worth the price of admission.

Shut Down is very tasty and I was debating that or the Dirty Bastard and DB won because I hadn't tried it yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back