• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

My Gut Reaction on Bob Diaco

Is Bob Diaco a good hire?

• Yes

Votes: 109 97.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, I suppose he asked his secretary, Mr. Devaney, to find him a few candidates...that happens a lot in business. LOL...get with it. BTW, no reason to pretend you're still an insider by making things up.

Did BD handle Mark Banker's flight home for him too? Travel arrangements can be tricky.
Just telling you he had no idea until a meeting was already scheduled with Diaco. I also knew Stewart would be gone for a coordinator position that I shared thru PM and that Bray was looking for a DC position but turned down the San Jose State job. None of that was made up. Your effort to to protect Riley at all costs has to be an exhausting one even when he's not getting attacked. Carry on.

Last edited:

Seems MR has a right hand man for a reason and would suspect Devaney saw a great potential candidate to fix a problem. set it up, discussed with MR and they agreed it would benefit the program. How can that be anything but a positive given the lack of communication with players and very little recruiting success on Banker's part.
Devaney was hired to better the position of Nebraska football. He's the GM, if he finds something that could be a positive impact, he will jump on it. Riley will obviously give an 'ok', but Riley wasn't actively searching for a DC. One was presented to him and communication had already been made about his interest, then when we found out another team was in play the wheels went real fast in motion.

If you are saying that the Bob Diaco hire was not a Mike Riley initiative, then I am afraid that I am going to have to report you to the Troll Detectives!

Bilsker, are you out there? I found another guy who is not giving full credit to MR for the Diaco hire! I am sure you would like to charge him with trolling!

Bilsker, you need to tell folks to ignore this *** Fellow! Trolls are not to be fed! Do your job, Sheriff!

:Lol:

Note: Atta Boy Mr Devaney and Mr Eichorst. I think Diaco is a great hire!
confused.gif

It's an even better hire if somehow you can find a way to rub Riley's nose in it, right? Who cares about the dynamics involved with the hire if ultimately it works out for the better? Oh wait, you do. What a drab, petty existence you must lead.

:mr: "Thank you for your support Suhperman! I hope to meet Coach Diaco one day soon. I have not had a chance to speak with him yet, but they say he is a good conversationalist. They tell me he has a good resume, too! I will say hello to him for you!"

Last edited:

Devaney was hired to better the position of Nebraska football. He's the GM, if he finds something that could be a positive impact, he will jump on it. Riley will obviously give an 'ok', but Riley wasn't actively searching for a DC. One was presented to him and communication had already been made about his interest, then when we found out another team was in play the wheels went real fast in motion.

And that is exactly what Ne. has needed for years. This is big business and to leave it all on the head coach can be costly for years to come. Difficult and calculated decisions need to be made when opportunity arises.

And that is exactly what Ne. has needed for years. This is big business and to leave it all on the head coach can be costly for years to come. Difficult and calculated decisions need to be made when opportunity arises.
Devaney is very much a good thing for Riley. How we are handling things will either get us to where we want to be (conference title game) in the next 3 years or tank us. I don't think we will stay status quo.

Devaney is very much a good thing for Riley. How we are handling things will either get us to where we want to be (conference title game) in the next 3 years or tank us. I don't think we will stay status quo.

I agree on Devaney as one or a few years of complacency with a coach not producing can tank a program and a head coach. While i don't think Devaney was brought in as a hatchet man he was brought in to make sure the ship is sailing in the right direction come hell or high water. will it work still remains to be seen but they aren't afraid to make changes which is a good thing.

I agree on Devaney as one or a few years of complacency with a coach not producing can tank a program and a head coach. While i don't think Devaney was brought in as a hatchet man he was brought in to make sure the ship is sailing in the right direction come hell or high water. will it work still remains to be seen but they aren't afraid to make changes which is a good thing.
He is the bridge between Eichorst and the football team. SE did not want to get into another situation like the end of Pelini's tenure. Devaney presents to him what is wanted by the staff, what he thinks the staff needs, etc.

I am thinking it will be a good thing but am patiently waiting.

Is Diaco a better coach, recruiter and strategist than Banker? Probably.

Is Diaco gone on to greener pastures in 2 years either to a HC job or by the ousted Riley regime? Probably.

Deja vu, all over again.
I've debated this with people when looking for hires or interviewing for my own position. I'd much rather have great for 3 years as opposed to adequate for 6. Great raises those around them. Good can learn from great.

If you can't ignore me, how do you expect anyone else to?

As a troll detective, are Shatel and McKewon also on your list of suspects? They are saying the same thing as me!

:Biggrin:
Actually, I do see them as trollish. They seem to have adopted this style when struggling to keep people engaged in the program. They've written with far more sensationalism in recent years.

Actually, I do see them as trollish. They seem to have adopted this style when struggling to keep people engaged in the program. They've written with far more sensationalism in recent years.
Hence my "Rhetorical Device" comment. I agree that they are more sensationalist nowadays. Along with that is the drive to generate traffic to the OWH. What better way to drive clicks than to troll Husker Nation?

He is the bridge between Eichorst and the football team. SE did not want to get into another situation like the end of Pelini's tenure. Devaney presents to him what is wanted by the staff, what he thinks the staff needs, etc.

I am thinking it will be a good thing but am patiently waiting.

and what is your initial thoughts on Banker's replacement?

Riley wasn't actively searching for a DC. One was presented to him

Hey wait...that is how Paramus said it probably went down. Wow, Paramus was right again!

Didn't Suhperman say that Paramus represented the 5% that don't "get it".

Suhperman and the 95% are so busy living in their Riley fantasy land that they are the ones who don't "get it". The flat earth society.

:Lol:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back