• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas v. NU Match Thread - December 15, 2016

Did anyone notice how loose Stanford and Texas played yesterday? All season those teams heard how the Big 10 is the best conference in the country and getting through the Big 10 Conference might be easier than playing in the actual tournament.

It was pretty obvious that Stanford and Texas played with a chip on their shoulders and were the aggressors. Nebraska/Minnesota were playing on their heels the whole night but that was due to the opponent. Nebraska/Minnesota did not play their best volleyball last night by any stretch of the imagination but lets not make excuses. Stanford/Texas had great game plans and played with attitudes that punished Nebraska/Minnesota. It was easy to see that Stanford/Texas thoroughly enjoyed beating the top 2 Big 10 teams into the ground.

I think hearing about the Big 10 superiority actually helped Stanford/Texas get into the right frame of mind last night to play with an aggressive care free attitude. Nebraska/Minnesota weren't able to respond after getting punched in the mouth early and often.

With that being said...GO STANFORD tomorrow night!!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Boy those girls just didn't look right, Texas looked way better in all phases, I honestly get more nervous watching them than I do footbal,l as my expectations are greater for the valleybally team. Really solid year to win the big 10, bummer it's over.

We will never know, but I am not optimistic about how we would have matched up against Stanford either. Texas and Stanford are peaking right now, and they are more athletic than we are. We couldn't get high enough to get the blocks we needed against Texas, and I am afraid that would have been the case against Stanford too.

We will never know, but I am not optimistic about how we would have matched up against Stanford either. Texas and Stanford are peaking right now, and they are more athletic than we are. We couldn't get high enough to get the blocks we needed against Texas, and I am afraid that would have been the case against Stanford too.

Stanford's front line would have blocked us out of the gym. Texas was handling our hitters last night and Stanford is much taller than Texas.

I agree that Texas and Stanford are definitely peaking right now. Stanford is going to be scary the next few years as the 4 freshman starters mature and gain more experience. We might be seeing a mini Stanford dynasty developing in front of our eyes.

Stanford's front line would have blocked us out of the gym. Texas was handling our hitters last night and Stanford is much taller than Texas.

I agree that Texas and Stanford are definitely peaking right now. Stanford is going to be scary the next few years as the 4 freshman starters mature and gain more experience. We might be seeing a mini Stanford dynasty developing in front of our eyes.
Agreed. We may see a Penn St.-like run from Stanford the next few years.

I have not read through this thread, but I will say we did not look like ourselves last night. But I must also hand it to Texas, they looked awesome. It should be an incredible final.

Did anyone notice how loose Stanford and Texas played yesterday? All season those teams heard how the Big 10 is the best conference in the country and getting through the Big 10 Conference might be easier than playing in the actual tournament.

It was pretty obvious that Stanford and Texas played with a chip on their shoulders and were the aggressors. Nebraska/Minnesota were playing on their heels the whole night but that was due to the opponent. Nebraska/Minnesota did not play their best volleyball last night by any stretch of the imagination but lets not make excuses. Stanford/Texas had great game plans and played with attitudes that punished Nebraska/Minnesota. It was easy to see that Stanford/Texas thoroughly enjoyed beating the top 2 Big 10 teams into the ground.

I think hearing about the Big 10 superiority actually helped Stanford/Texas get into the right frame of mind last night to play with an aggressive care free attitude. Nebraska/Minnesota weren't able to respond after getting punched in the mouth early and often.

With that being said...GO STANFORD tomorrow night!!

No way the gals don't play with all their hearts! No excuse for being swept!!! Very, very disappointing!

Thanks, again, for all you do for the volleyball forum. Great job, as always. Maybe, down the line soon, we'll be back!

Did anyone notice how loose Stanford and Texas played yesterday? It was pretty obvious that Stanford and Texas played with a chip on their shoulders and were the aggressors. Nebraska/Minnesota weren't able to respond after getting punched in the mouth early and often.

When UNL started the match with a service error, I felt that was a very bad sign...like they were not ready to play. UNL needed to play like they were fighting for their lives last night but they didn't. They played like they were expecting Texas to give it to them. It was a poor performance.

However, I give credit to Texas for having more powerful hitters than UNL did, and their power made a huge difference IMO.

It seemed like UNL never had the lead in any of the three games. If they could have gotten a rally to take a 3 or 4 point lead late in one of the games, it would have given them an energy and attitude boost they sorely needed, but they never got it. None of the UNL players ever got hot. None of them. It was strange.

WELL, at least the Trees took Texass out. Stanford 3 - 1 over the whorns. Congrats Stanford.....

WELL, at least the Trees took Texass out. Stanford 3 - 1 over the whorns. Congrats Stanford.....
While I am not a Stanford fan either, I felt that they were playing the best of the Final 4 teams. And they are a very young team. Stanford may be beginning a little dynasty right now. And it is kind of fun to see Texas frustrated again.

While I am not a Stanford fan either, I felt that they were playing the best of the Final 4 teams. And they are a very young team. Stanford may be beginning a little dynasty right now. And it is kind of fun to see Texas frustrated again.

I will ALWAYS be a Husker Volleyball fan. However, I also cheer for Stanford now since I know one of the players on their current roster. Safe to say I was cheering for the Cardinal big time last night.

I agree...Stanford is going to be tough the next three years. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back