• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019-20 Roster

TheOneders

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Confirmed Roster

Scholarship
  1. G Haanif Cheatham (Marquette/Florida Gulf Coast) RSr
  2. G Matej Kavas (Seattle) RSr
  3. G Dachon Burke (Robert Morris) RJr
  4. G Jervay Green (Western Nebraska CC) Jr
  5. F Thorir Thorbjarnarson Jr
  6. F Shamiel Stevenson (Pittsburgh/Nevada) Jr
  7. F Derrick Walker (Tennessee) Jr
  8. G Cam Mack (Stephen F. Austin/Salt Lake CC) RSo
  9. G Dalano Banton (Western Kentucky) So
  10. F Akol Arop Fr
  11. F Kevin Cross Fr
  12. G Samari Curtis Fr
  13. F Yvan Ouedraogo Fr
Walk-on
  1. G Charlie Easley Fr
  2. G Jace Piatkowski Fr
  3. F Bret Porter Fr
Potential Additions

2018-19 roster scholarship
  1. F Isaiah Roby Sr - NBA
  2. G Thomas Allen Jr - North Carolina State
  3. G Nana Akenten Jr - Southeast Missouri
  4. G Amir Harris So - George Washington
  5. C Brady Heiman So - South Dakota
  6. F Karrington Davis RFr - Southern Illinois
2018-19 roster walk-on
  1. G Justin Costello RSo - McCook CC
Graduate transfer
  1. F Kerry Blackshear RSr (Virginia Tech) - Florida
  2. C Jayce Johnson RSr (Utah) - Marquette
  3. G K.J. Lawson RJr (Memphis/Kansas) - Tulane
Sit out transfer
  1. F Maurice Calloo So (Oklahoma State) - Indian Hills CC
  2. F LJ Figueroa Jr (Odessa College/St. John's) - St. John's
  3. G Teyvion Kirk Jr (Ohio) - Colorado State
  4. G Terry Nolan Jr (George Washington) - Bradley
  5. F Joel Ntambwe So (UNLV) - Texas Tech
  6. G Jahvon Quinerly So (Villanova) - Alabama
  7. F Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua So (UNLV) - Baylor
  8. F Warren Washington So (Oregon State) - Nevada
  9. G Eric Williams Jr (Duquesne) - Oregon
JuCo
  1. F Andre Allen Jr (Arizona Western CC) - Arizona State
  2. G Ryan Murphy RJr (Charlotte/New Mexico JC/) - Pittsburgh
  3. F Atticus Taylor RSo (SW Mississippi CC) - North Carolina State
  4. G Tomas Woldetensae Jr (Indian Hills CC) - Virginia
High School
  1. G Mika Adams-Woods Fr (Syracuse, NY) - Cincinnati
  2. C Charles Coleman Fr (Boston, MA) - ECU
  3. G Thomas Faber Fr (Omaha, NE) * walk-on - Rockhurst
  4. F Kendall Lewis Fr (Snellville, GA) - Appalachian State

Last edited:

I think you can count on Heiman, but I haven't seen anything to say that. I believe that you will see Amir Harris and Thor return. I suspect Karrington Davis is going to want to try to play at UNL (and his game seems to fit okay with Hoiberg). Nana won't be returning without some small miracle. Roby... who knows? What a great decision to have to make.

I think you can count on Heiman, but I haven't seen anything to say that. I believe that you will see Amir Harris and Thor return. I suspect Karrington Davis is going to want to try to play at UNL (and his game seems to fit okay with Hoiberg). Nana won't be returning without some small miracle. Roby... who knows? What a great decision to have to make.

I figured Heiman would be back, but just haven't heard anything official. Michael Lewis was on the Sharpe & Benning show the other day and made it sound like Roby was pretty much gone. I'll wait until I hear something official though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amir go. Hopefully he sticks around though, he has a lot of upside.

Armon Gates confirms that Nana is still with the program and no one else has left the team.

Junior guard Nana Akenten is still with the team, despite being suspended indefinitely at the end of last season. Gates said Akenten is still part of the program but dealing with some academic issues.

Healthy scholarship players for NU right now include junior transfer Dachon Burke, junior Thorir Thorbjarnarson and sophomore Brady Heiman. Sophomore Amir Harris and redshirt freshman Karrington Davis are both hurt.

Well that's... unexpected. Played 13 games, 4 minutes average. Aguek Arop on the other hand played in 31 games averaging 14 mintues. So Ed has a redshirt year... does he fit in at UNL, or is it time for him to go to a JC and work on getting better?

Well that's... unexpected. Played 13 games, 4 minutes average. Aguek Arop on the other hand played in 31 games averaging 14 mintues. So Ed has a redshirt year... does he fit in at UNL, or is it time for him to go to a JC and work on getting better?
I would be disappointed if we go after him, as he couldn’t see the floor at San Diego State and this will be his fifth school in five years. But stranger things have happened I suppose.

I would be disappointed if we go after him, as he couldn’t see the floor at San Diego State and this will be his fifth school in five years. But stranger things have happened I suppose.

I'd be surprised if we go after him with some of the names that we're targeting. But, like you said, stranger things have happened. He is a local kid, so you never know. But I imagine he'd be better suited at a UNO type school. Similar to Logan Strom transferring back home. Omaha does have the room after a few kids transferred out this month.

the all-guard squad:

• Jervay Green 6'3"
  • Amir Harris 6'5"
  • Dachon Burke 6'4"
will be here next year they're all #2 guards positionally right? cam mack would be right in this lane as well, Green and Burke will be some of the most talented guys on the roster - how do you see floor-time working out for all these SG's ?

and what the heck at 3-4-5 if Roby is gone, I hope Hoiberg and staff have some rabbits on in their hats for this roster

Last edited:

the all-guard squad:

• Jervay Green 6'3"
  • Amir Harris 6'5"
  • Dachon Burke 6'4"
will be here next year they're all #2 guards positionally right? cam mack would be right in this lane as well, Green and Burke will be some of the most talented guys on the roster - how do you see floor-time working out for all these SG's ?

and what the heck at 3-4-5 if Roby is gone, I hope Hoiberg and staff have some rabbits on in their hats for this roster

I think Cam Mack played PG at Salt Lake CC. I read something the other day where Hoiberg talked about how likes to play with big guys, but he's also comfortable having a 6'7 center and playing with 4-5 guards. The only immediate playing time big that he's publicly targeted so far has been Kerry Blackshear. Not sure how realistic of a shot we have at him. Otherwise Calloo, Tchamwa, and Ntambwe all have to sit a year, right? I'm sure quite a few more names will emerge.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back