• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Practice (3/25/19)

I know it's spring and everyone is an All-American at this point, but is it out of the realm of possibility for McCaffrey to end up as the #2 guy behind Martinez?

Barring a season ending injury for AM, no way in hell they burn his redshirt for backup/maop-up duty.

I know it's spring and everyone is an All-American at this point, but is it out of the realm of possibility for McCaffrey to end up as the #2 guy behind Martinez?

Seriously doubt it. He might see 4 games to keep his RS, but I think they desperately want to keep his RS this year . . . barring something disastrous.

Last edited:
Those two situations aren't mutually exclusive. He could be #2 on the depth chart, play in some mop-up duty and retain his redshirt. That scenario would be fairly likely IMHO.

Sure, he can play his 4 games, but youve got Vedral and 2+ years already in the system who has no limits on playing time. You give him the most reps of the backups so he's the most prepared IMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back