• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I will say it...

I thought so until today. They beat Wisconsin and I'm not sure that's the case.

Agree. If they beat Wisconsin they're probably in the Tournament. Not sure how they could fire him at that point, especially if they happen to win a game.

There was a little 7 game losing streak and all the current players were available during that... Could have put in Trueblood, Thor and Heiman then.

I'm very excited for this team, and I really like the players for their general attitude and humble approach. JPJ and Watson working out of their slump is huge. But the attitude and effort that Trueblood is exhibiting is what they were lacking for a big part of the conference season.

Miles coaching at the tail end of the season needs to be judged with the rest of the season.

I'm not saying go offer a scholarship to Charlie Easley, but yeah, basketball players are sometimes better than athletes. Okay, now go offer Easley because that would be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. The discussion has been for the most part about seven years of history. We have a 10 game streak in 13/14 that was special but IMO is the outlier. We may be on another stretch that is currently a three game stretch with the possibility of growing. IMO it too is an outlier. I am as excited about these last three games as anyone but it is OK to be excited about this and disappointed in the season at the same time. Is he gone, I don't know, but let's not base it on a three game win streak and discount the rest.

On a side note are they doing this without an outside consultant?

Agree. If they beat Wisconsin they're probably in the Tournament. Not sure how they could fire him at that point, especially if they happen to win a game.
Even if they made the NCAA tournament I think there is justification to find a better option than Miles. It appears this "run" they're on happened almost by accident when he was forced to use players he wasn't using throughout the regular season. Not sure that is good coaching as much as it is positive happenstance.

Even if they made the NCAA tournament I think there is justification to find a better option than Miles. It appears this "run" they're on happened almost by accident when he was forced to use players he wasn't using throughout the regular season. Not sure that is good coaching as much as it is positive happenstance.
Having said that he's likely going to end up leaving Nebraska with a overall winning record. Not a bad thing to have accomplished.

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. The discussion has been for the most part about seven years of history. We have a 10 game streak in 13/14 that was special but IMO is the outlier. We may be on another stretch that is currently a three game stretch with the possibility of growing. IMO it too is an outlier. I am as excited about these last three games as anyone but it is OK to be excited about this and disappointed in the season at the same time. Is he gone, I don't know, but let's not base it on a three game win streak and discount the rest.

On a side note are they doing this without an outside consultant?
I think people are going a little overboard about Trueblood and Heiman as well. They are stepping up and filling roles well but lets not pretend that they are keys to any victories.

I think people are going a little overboard about Trueblood and Heiman as well. They are stepping up and filling roles well but lets not pretend that they are keys to any victories.
100% agree-they including Thor have filled their roles adequately, but Palmer, Roby, and Watson have put this team on their back and are playing lights out with limited rest. I have a feeling it catches up with us today.

Guys like this bring energy to the court and can lift up the energy levels with hustle plays and attitude. We'll never know if giving them a few minutes in games during our losing slump would have made a difference; but, there is a reason that a guy like Nicholas Baer at Iowa was given minutes as a walk-on freshman and eventually earned himself a scholarship. Even on senior day, Baer and McCaffrey agreed that he shouldn't be given the traditional starting spot that seniors usually get...because his energy off the bench is what is most valuable to the team.

Also, why do we love the football walk-ons; but, think that basketball walk-ons can't make a difference?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back