• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MLB Season Thread

I’m not sure what I want as a Nationals fan. One one hand, I’d hate to see Harper go, he’s the face of the franchise and generates a ton of publicity and merchandise sales. On the other, it’s not good to pump that much money into one player. He’s inconsistent at times and has had multiple injuries.

If he resigns, I can only imagine an outfield with Soto, Robles, and Harper. Soto is going to be a .300 and 30+ homer guy, Harper is a .275 and 30+ homer guy, and Robles, I have a feeling, is going to be really, really good.

Nats got Dozier!

Man, what an off-season so for the Nats! They aren’t done yet either.

SP - Upgrade with Corbin and Sanchez + Ross healthy
RP - Upgrade w/Barraclough & Rosenthal
CP - Same but - Doolittle healthy so really an upgrade
C - HUGE upgrade w/Gomes & Suzuki
1B - Same, Zimmerman and Adams
2B - Upgrade from a hurt Murphy w/Dozier
SS - Same
3B - Same
LF - Same with Soto heading into year 2, Kendrick healthy?
CF - Upgrade w/Robles
RF - ??? What will Harper do, Eaton Healthy

I can't wait until baseball starts! Those pants, my, my.

Two girlfriends and I used to go down to Spring Training in Florida every year in our younger days. Oh did we have fun over those several weeks!

I've alwasy been a Yankee gal. Pinstripes and wins, no better combination imo!

which team is yours and what is your expectation for 2019?

I'm a cubs fan - i expect another tight division race with the Brewers - i expect a post-season appearance. I am excited to see if we can get a healthy Yu Darvish all the way through the season

which team is yours and what is your expectation for 2019?

I'm a cubs fan - i expect another tight division race with the Brewers - i expect a post-season appearance. I am excited to see if we can get a healthy Yu Darvish all the way through the season

NL Central will be Fire this year. That will be a 3-way battle. I think the NL East will be crazy as well, but there’s a lot up in the air there.

Most of you know, I'm a Phillies and Royals fan. It's good to have two teams, in case of emergency. lol. KC since a kid, growing up in Lincoln. Phillies due to my 12 years living in Philadelphia.

I was extremely pleased to see the Phillies acquire J.T. Realmuto this week. He's one of the two or three best catchers in the majors. Though, of course, he's been trapped in the Marlins organization for a few years. Many metrics suggest he may well translate to the best overall catcher in baseball, when his batting numbers move away from a very pitcher-friendly park in Miami to a very hitter-friendly park in Philadelphia.

I love everything about this trade.

Now, still waiting to see what in the hell happens with Machado and Harper. I am beyond shocked both of those players are still out there. And I'm still hoping the Phillies snag one of them.

Most of you know, I'm a Phillies and Royals fan. It's good to have two teams, in case of emergency. lol. KC since a kid, growing up in Lincoln. Phillies due to my 12 years living in Philadelphia.

I was extremely pleased to see the Phillies acquire J.T. Realmuto this week. He's one of the two or three best catchers in the majors. Though, of course, he's been trapped in the Marlins organization for a few years. Many metrics suggest he may well translate to the best overall catcher in baseball, when his batting numbers move away from a very pitcher-friendly park in Miami to a very hitter-friendly park in Philadelphia.

I love everything about this trade.

Now, still waiting to see what in the hell happens with Machado and Harper. I am beyond shocked both of those players are still out there. And I'm still hoping the Phillies snag one of them.

They gave up a lot to get him, but JT is the real deal. Phillies have good odds to sign Harper.

They gave up a lot to get him, but JT is the real deal. Phillies have good odds to sign Harper.

It's debatable if the Phils gave up a lot.

They didn't have to give up any of their top hitting prospects. They did, however, give up their top pitching prospect -- but he comes with some red flags. He's small -- and injury prone. And apparently the Phillies front office had soured on him (Sanchez) some due to poor efforts in conditioning. Otherwise, they gave up a second-tier pitcher and a catcher who is pretty poor defensively and strikes out a ton (but he is young and developing with quite a bit of potential).

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226033555.html

Stud catchers are the rarest of all, so I'd completely do that trade if it relied on me.

No clue with Harper. :)

Aaron Nola signed an extension today. He sure did rapidly become a top ace last season.

It's debatable if the Phils gave up a lot.

They didn't have to give up any of their top hitting prospects. They did, however, give up their top pitching prospect -- but he comes with some red flags. He's small -- and injury prone. And apparently the Phillies front office had soured on him (Sanchez) some due to poor efforts in conditioning. Otherwise, they gave up a second-tier pitcher and a catcher who is pretty poor defensively and strikes out a ton (but he is young and developing with quite a bit of potential).

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226033555.html

Stud catchers are the rarest of all, so I'd completely do that trade if it relied on me.

No clue with Harper. :)

Aaron Nola signed an extension today. He sure did rapidly become a top ace last season.

Didn’t know all of that. Sounds like the Phillies didn’t sweat it too much. Nats had been trying to get him for a while but they would have had to give up Robles or Soto to get him so they decided to pass.

It’s definitely hard to get a lot of production out of that catcher spot.

NL Central will be Fire this year. That will be a 3-way battle. I think the NL East will be crazy as well, but there’s a lot up in the air there.
With Moustakas signing the Brewers 1 through 7 will be as good as any in the NL.

Cain-Braun-Yelich- Aguilar-Moustakas-Shaw-Grandal

The Brewers got better ... so did the Cardinals and Reds ... Cubs not so much!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back