• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting reddit thread on recruiting ranking bias.

I still remember the instant I gave the rolling eyes to recruiting rankings. Daishon Neal having a knee injury his entire senior year but when he opened up his recuritment and Michigan and Oklahoma offered and was setting up a visit with Oregon, magically his rating went up so they could have a higher ranked recruit for clickbait.

I still remember the instant I gave the rolling eyes to recruiting rankings. Daishon Neal having a knee injury his entire senior year but when he opened up his recuritment and Michigan and Oklahoma offered and was setting up a visit with Oregon, magically his rating went up so they could have a higher ranked recruit for clickbait.

Yup nothing new or ground breaking

Its all about selling subscriptions to the big fan bases like TX, Notre Dame, Michigan State etc. Not even political all about the $$

Yup nothing new or ground breaking

Its all about selling subscriptions to the big fan bases like TX, Notre Dame, Michigan State etc. Not even political all about the $$
That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true!! I used to wonder what some of these schools would do if they run out of QB transfers but with NCAA musical chairs... ? :Mad:

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true!! I used to wonder what some of these schools would do if they run out of QB transfers but with NCAA musical chairs... ? :Mad:

Florida State is a dumpster fire right now with QBs which only makes our QB coach look as superb as he is with Martinez and McCaffrey in the fold and Smothers on the way. Good to see that for the first time in a long damn time.

Yeah the transfer thing has become a free agent market where the big boys are cashing in. Then again we are almost back to being a big boy too.

Florida State is a dumpster fire right now with QBs which only makes our QB coach look as superb as he is with Martinez and McCaffrey in the fold and Smothers on the way. Good to see that for the first time in a long damn time.

Yeah the transfer thing has become a free agent market where the big boys are cashing in. Then again we are almost back to being a big boy too.
Oh so true! Catching up to the big boys is nice and you know at some point this year, I believe the transfer rules will come under extreme scrutiny and will get an overhaul.

Interesting stuff, Redo, thanks for posting. This provides some actual proof of the ridiculous bias that exists in recruiting rankings.

Interesting stuff, Redo, thanks for posting. This provides some actual proof of the ridiculous bias that exists in recruiting rankings.

Its nothing new and has been discussed numerous times over the years in this forum.

Its nothing new and has been discussed numerous times over the years in this forum.
Yes, we all know it exists and it has been discussed many times but Redo's post contains a number of actual and irrefutable examples proving a pattern of bias rather than just individual, unconnected examples and anecdotal evidence.

Last edited:
Yes, we all know it exists and it has been discussed many times but Redo's post contains a number of actual and irrefutable examples proving a pattern of bias rather than just individual, unconnected examples and anecdotal evidence.

I could do a similar study for many other teams. Using similar examples. Like I said nothing ground breaking nothing new.

I could do a similar study for many other teams. Using similar examples. Like I said nothing ground breaking nothing new.
Yep and this is why i said out side of the top two or three you could throw the top 15 or so in a basket pick out the team names and be just about as right as the experts at rivals or 24/7.

I have no doubt that a similar study could be done for other teams, but I haven't seen one. Like I said, interesting study that Redo posted because it provides clear proof of the ridiculous bias that exists.

And yet people continue to follow recruiting like their lives depend on it. We all know it is a joke. I trust this staff and their evaluation, we will find out if they are right in a couple of years, enjoy the ride.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back