• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Starting Defense on 8/31/19

If we are starting the Davis brothers and Stille on the DL as some suggest, we are yet again unlikely to be fielding a very good defense. If Darrion Daniels, or his brother, both, or someone else, can't crack the starting lineup...it could be a long year on defense. They are good players, but we need at least one or two exceptional players up front.
That's assuming none of these three take the next step in their progression. I'd like to think that one, if not two of those guys (K. Davis and Stille imo) start to receive all-conference consideration. I believe these guys are talented enough to compete with Big 10 offensive lines.

That's assuming none of these three take the next step in their progression. I'd like to think that one, if not two of those guys (K. Davis and Stille imo) start to receive all-conference consideration. I believe these guys are talented enough to compete with Big 10 offensive lines.
I think they are good DL's but I also believe that they've had plenty of time to take the next step, so I'm not expecting too much more than what I saw at the end of last season. I'd love to be wrong about that, but frankly IMO the Davis' aren't mean enough...and while Stille is clearly mean enough, I just don't think he will be exceptional.

Last edited:
call your shot - who takes the field

Khalil Davis
Carlos Davis
Ben Stille

Tyrin Ferguson
Will Honas
Mo Barry
Breon Dixon

Lamar Jackson
Deontai Williams
Cam Jones
Dicaprio bootle

D-Line - how will Damion Daniels fit in? he's a veteran and a grown man, but doesn't look like a 3-4 nose tackle to me, D-End? will he play ahead of the senior Davis brothers? - I have no clue

Linebacker - Ferg, Honas, and Barry seem like locks in my head - its that other OLB position that's hard to figure out. will it click for Tannor so we can see his athleticism? was neon-breon's on-field absence an off-field problem and is it fixed? I have no insight there, but I'm going to rely on the practice whisperers I read on here who say Dixon is a stud - both Dixon and Tannor are have three more years of eligibility, would love to see them turn into studs this year

Backfield - lots of question marks here - Lamar is the safest best, seems to me like Deontai Williams is the second safest. Cam Jones is a WAG, and i flipped a coin between D-Cap and Cam Taylor.

I'm probably missing someone super obvious, interested to hear who you think will take the field

is there a another #43 hiding on the roster?

lol... what?

Sorry about the cryptic post ... some of y'all had Bland penciled in as a day 1 starter. Now, coaches are high on Cam Jurgens & Farniok is in the mix. Would offensive center be a consideration as a measure of insurance?

Edit: maybe the post operative drugs are having some effect on that post ... got my fractured patella repaired yesterday. lol

Last edited:
Sorry about the cryptic post ... some of y'all had Bland penciled in as a day 1 starter. Now, coaches are high on Cam Jurgens & Farniok is in the mix. Would offensive center be a consideration as a measure of insurance?

Edit: maybe the post operative drugs are having some effect on that post ... got my fractured patella repaired yesterday. lol
Hayzoose Marimba, hope that heals quick and painlessly. And stop borrowing money to bet on Nebrasketball or you'll end up with another!

Well, In my defense I am quite certain he won’t be a day 1 starter if he can’t qualify to get here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back