• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No surprise Fields eligible to play at Ohio State

Didn't he get beat out at Georgia and then decide to transfer? Is that the justification for a waiver, or is there more to the story?

From a selfish NU standpoint, I was hoping Fields would have to sit this year so we could play against a "lesser" Ohio St. QB... ideally someone like Bauserman from their 2011 team.

now does the same thing happen with Tate Martell? wasn't he claiming the same thing after he called out Fields then jumped on a bus out of Columbus?

Immediate eligibility in this situation is a load of crap. I'm guessing, had he been the starter at UGA, Fields wouldn't have found the incident in question even remotely traumatizing.

Didn't he get beat out at Georgia and then decide to transfer? Is that the justification for a waiver, or is there more to the story?

From a selfish NU standpoint, I was hoping Fields would have to sit this year so we could play against a "lesser" Ohio St. QB... ideally someone like Bauserman from their 2011 team.

A baseball player called him a derogatory name, so his feewings were hurt.

Immediate eligibility in this situation is a load of crap. I'm guessing, had he been the starter at UGA, Fields wouldn't have found the incident in question even remotely traumatizing.
What was Vedrals reason for being granted eligibility? It seems more often that not players get immediate eligibility quite a bit.

What was Vedrals reason for being granted eligibility? It seems more often that not players get immediate eligibility quite a bit.

It is definitely becoming the norm and, in general, I don't believe it is healthy for the game. There are better ways to address the issues than unfettered free agency. Of course Vedral's "immediate eligibility" wasn't entirely immediate.

Last edited:

Change in coaching staff, and it took the NCAA until midseason to grant his eligibility. Would have been nice if he'd been available against Colorado.

Anyway, this decision for Fields is good for him, good for Ohio State, but not so good for college football.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back