• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20 years! HuskerMax Members Tribute

There was a time when I'd do the occasional tribute to the members of HuskerMax (Pedia). Every couple of years I'd honor the active members with year joined and post counts. Unfortunately, these statistics are no longer as readily sortable in the member list as they once were.

Fortunately, I do have some old spreadsheets that I kept to track these stats -- though again, not so easily updated nowadays. However, it does readily inform me of the active members, as of several years ago, listed by joined date.

As many of you know, HuskerMax (formerly, Huskerpedia) became a membership forum in 1999 (October 1, I believe, was the official start date). Yes, Huskerpedia existed prior to that (but I believe, minus the forums). I remember going to the original site for my Husker news long ago (I believe with adnet as the host URL?).

And since this is the offseason -- and by the time we officially reach 20 years, it will be mid-football season -- I figured now would be a good time to mention those few of us that are still around, with a start/join date of 1999. It appears that's only EIGHT members now. Well, it's possible someone will chime in and inform me otherwise (i.e. had a different name in 1999, but still here). But for now, here's the Elite Eight (a couple of these have not logged in since last year -- but I'll go ahead and assume/hope they are still active; maybe the mention will resurface them):

Alphabetically:

@alabamahusker
@Cyberbach
@fjbfour
@Husker in Spokane
@HuskerWeatherman
@mjohnson
@Pop Corn
@redmachine

:Bow: Here's to 20 years!

Good OP Huskerweatherman. And thank you to all those who have contributed for so long. HuskerMax has been my morning go to since I had reliable access to the internet.

Nice write up combined with some history. What I'm always amazed at is looking at the number of paying members versus visitors. You'd think 20 bucks was 200 bucks or something with so many non paying visitors versus actual members?

Not a huge deal but I find it interesting there are so many people with nothing to say or extremely frugal or both....... :Lol:

fwiw, had I ponied up the money to join there is a reasonably good chance that I would not have had time to father my two children....:nod:

:(
Might not have a great board with lots of FREE FREE FREE without paying members?? Just saying.... ;)
That is why I pay pay pay pay!:)

At least now. Trust me, I have been here lurking as long as anyone. I have payed before also.
I always had the assumption that we payed to keep out the trolls. If not, definitely a good side affect!

“Don’t type “pay” seems to be a trigger for a Wal-mart gift card pop up.

Last edited:

There was a time when I'd do the occasional tribute to the members of HuskerMax (Pedia). Every couple of years I'd honor the active members with year joined and post counts. Unfortunately, these statistics are no longer as readily sortable in the member list as they once were.

Fortunately, I do have some old spreadsheets that I kept to track these stats -- though again, not so easily updated nowadays. However, it does readily inform me of the active members, as of several years ago, listed by joined date.

As many of you know, HuskerMax (formerly, Huskerpedia) became a membership forum in 1999 (October 1, I believe, was the official start date). Yes, Huskerpedia existed prior to that (but I believe, minus the forums). I remember going to the original site for my Husker news long ago (I believe with adnet as the host URL?).

And since this is the offseason -- and by the time we officially reach 20 years, it will be mid-football season -- I figured now would be a good time to mention those few of us that are still around, with a start/join date of 1999. It appears that's only EIGHT members now. Well, it's possible someone will chime in and inform me otherwise (i.e. had a different name in 1999, but still here). But for now, here's the Elite Eight (a couple of these have not logged in since last year -- but I'll go ahead and assume/hope they are still active; maybe the mention will resurface them):

Alphabetically:

@alabamahusker
@Cyberbach
@fjbfour
@Husker in Spokane
@HuskerWeatherman
@mjohnson
@Pop Corn
@redmachine

:Bow: Here's to 20 years!

@HUSKER 4 EVER joined in 1999 but hasn’t logged on in several years.

I used to be a member of NUandOU name 15 years ago or so. Now after ending 3 years sabbatical thing mostly due to Huskerpedia vs HuskerMax cat fight, I rejoined my Hooked on Huskers name .... same person, different name.

I bet David Max becomes a millionaire guy because added $20 fee times thousands of members ;)

Last edited:

I first posted while it was still free. After it became a pay site lurked for about a month and then lost access to a computer for a number of years. As soon as I got a computer I ponied up and joined and have been a member since.

Like many others, I too found Huskerpedia while searching the interwebs for anything Nebraska football. Living 3,500 miles away made it hard to get the latest from the local newspapers, TV, or the experts on the barstools down at the Dew Drop Inn. The content then on Huskerpedia and the content now on HuskerMax kept this long time lurker informed with the best information out there.

Among the writers of articles posted in the late 90’s early 2000’s was someone who used the name Red Clad Loon. I remember checking the Huskerpedia website multiple times a day waiting for his latest literary gold. Incredible insight into Husker football and the intensity of the fans written with outstanding humor and wit. One of the pieces I remember was an open letter to newly hired coach Bill Callahan describing from the fans perspective what he (Callahan) was about to enter in to and his heavy responsibility. If RCL was still around today I expect he would not feel the need to write such a letter to the current head coach. SF gets it. If anyone on the board knows the Red Clan Loon, tell him I said thank you!

Like many others, I too found Huskerpedia while searching the interwebs for anything Nebraska football. Living 3,500 miles away made it hard to get the latest from the local newspapers, TV, or the experts on the barstools down at the Dew Drop Inn. The content then on Huskerpedia and the content now on HuskerMax kept this long time lurker informed with the best information out there.

Among the writers of articles posted in the late 90’s early 2000’s was someone who used the name Red Clad Loon. I remember checking the Huskerpedia website multiple times a day waiting for his latest literary gold. Incredible insight into Husker football and the intensity of the fans written with outstanding humor and wit. One of the pieces I remember was an open letter to newly hired coach Bill Callahan describing from the fans perspective what he (Callahan) was about to enter in to and his heavy responsibility. If RCL was still around today I expect he would not feel the need to write such a letter to the current head coach. SF gets it. If anyone on the board knows the Red Clan Loon, tell him I said thank you!

Tell him yourself:

https://twitter.com/RedCladLoon?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back