• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who do you think we close the class out with?

If Thompson’s and Bivens don’t get back to elite status, you can offer a medical, but if they don’t want to retire maybe they transfer out? I would think you would have a good idea in the first year? Am I wrong? But to the OP I think it’s Houston, Parker and Bivens and a top 15 class. With a top 10 class on the 2020 horizon!

Certainly get your point, I would be curious what the conversation is with Thompkins and what it would be with Bivens. How long are we giving them? Putting them on medical makes them retire, and you don't want to be the school that forces that on a kid.

Now that I've thought about this for a while, I think the conversations with these two guys are similar. Both know that Scott will be loyal to them until he absolutely can't. He's going to give them as much time as they possibly need (definitely redshirt) to rehab their injuries and get themselves ready. But I think there is a caveat that says they need to be honest with themselves in terms of their ability to compete with this ever-increasing stable of talent in the running back room.

As I've said, I think the risk is worth it with both of these guys as they could have been top 100 players in the country if not for the injuries. If even one of these guys can return to form, this is a HUGE win.

Last edited:

This might be the best case scenario - with the transfer market the way it is these days the Huskers could get a big upgrade taking guys from the portal. Still hope we end up with Parker. Don't think the staff was terribly excited about Fonua.

2019 has been brutal so far. The men's basketball team has completely self-destructed, and football recruiting hasn't been much better.

Still sitting 19th in the composite, we will fall to 20-25 range, just like we always do. Our misses is what concern me. Great class in a lot of areas like QB, RB, WR, Duck R, Safety, DL, ILB.
We need to take that next step and that's closing on 2-3 more guys like Parker that will put us into the 15'ish range. If we can stay in that range year after year we are in good shape, IMO.

We need to take that next step and that's closing on 2-3 more guys like Parker that will put us into the 15'ish range. If we can stay in that range year after year we are in good shape, IMO.
Completely agree... appears we are going to strike out on 2 of the 3 areas we needed help down the stretch. Houston when he commits needs to get to campus.

The lack of recruiting success since the early signing day is particularly mystifying/concerning because the coaching staff didn't have a bowl game to occupy their time and attention, so they were able to go all-in on recruiting since late November.

Wonder if they give Bivens the green light now, would leave 2 open for grad. transfers. Cant believe they would bring Bivens out for an official and with the way things have played out wouldnt take him unless he ran for them during the visit and showed he isnt , and probably wont be, 100%

I would think Bivens would be a great addition at this point. I would be shocked if he isn't in.

The lack of recruiting success since the early signing day is particularly mystifying/concerning because the coaching staff didn't have a bowl game to occupy their time and attention, so they were able to go all-in on recruiting since late November.
I think lack of success is a little harsh. Nebraska didn't have a lot of needs and the rest of the people the fan base had been hyping up as potential targets the staff backed off on. Parker and Jordan are the only ones that I consider us losing and both are because they saw better opportunities for PT. If that's why we are losing kids I'm far more comfortable than the old thought of "we're nebraska so we can't compete for those kinds of kids" narrative from way back when.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back